PDA

View Full Version : Server / NAS link

kalemvar
10-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm asking if it's possible to play files that are located on NAS Server with Mezzmo?. I'm asking this due to my situation here: if I add files from my PC to Mezzmo (.mkv & .flac) they are working fine no problem at all but if I want to add files located on my server to Mezzmo everything is fine BUT when I want to play them on Mezzmo I got the message: ''Not Supported File Format'' and I made the following test to be sure, I transfered the files to my pc added them back to Mezzmo and they play fine. This is for sure a problem with the link between the server and Mezzmo but I can't figured it out

anyone got this problem before ?

Thanks

Kalemvar

Paul
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
It's possible that the server doesn't have permissions to access files on your NAS. Please make sure that you have the same username/password on your NAS as the one you used to register Mezzmo server (your Windows login) and also turn on guest accounts, if they are turned off on your NAS. See if that helps.

kalemvar
10-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Hello Dennis

I did everything you told me and I'm making progress, now I can see the files on my server within Mezzmo (I even see video thumbnails on my tv/bd) but still get the same problem I can't play the files and I got the message ''Not Supported File Format'' and just beside those files I've files added from my C:\ that play without any problem.

Oh if that can help, I can't have the same username/password on my NAS and Mezzmo server because if I give the same name as my NAS to Mezzmo, Mezzmo ask for a password and I can't connect to the server. For the moment I'm running Mezzmo with the name ''Guest'' and on my NAS ''Guest'' users have full access.

Thanks for your help

kalemvar

Paul
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Hello,

It should actually be the other way around - you should create a username same as your Windows name on your NAS and give that user full permissions.

If that doesn't work, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try to play one of the files and once that fails, stop the server and send in the logs to support.

Paul
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Hello,

It should actually be the other way around - you should create a username same as your Windows name on your NAS and give that user full permissions.

If that doesn't work, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try to play one of the files and once that fails, stop the server and send in the logs to support.