PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Video directly from Internet

blipton
10-08-2011, 05:01 PM
It would be nice to stream video to my dlna device, without having to download the entire file first on the pc.

For example, I've heard of people using VLC to capture streaming video (from ustream, veetle, sopcast, tvants, etc) and save it in a dummy file that can then be streamed real-time across a lan.

Any ideas if it's even possible to do this with Mezzmo?

Paul
10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
No at the moment, but it's something we have been considering. It may be done in the future.

xcom923
10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
it would be really awesome of this could integrate with Amazon. Amazon doesn't have as many devices as netflix and youtube, it would be a good way for me personally to drop netflix

Paul
10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - when we get around to working on this feature, we'll investigate/consider Amazon as well.

squaretie
01-16-2012, 10:26 PM
TVersity has had this feature for a few years now.

medievil
05-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I know the threads a bit old btu how about just adding script support .. Playon has script and plugin access so users everywhere can create their own... if those same scripts could work with Mezzmo and mezzmo being far, far superior at transcoding.. It would be a match made in heaven..
the project free tv script alone would make it worth it

Paul
05-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Mezzmo will have plugin/widget support. And, that's how we are developing our URL streaming features. It's being implemented now.