PDA

View Full Version : manual scan

xcom923
10-09-2011, 03:01 PM
is there a possibility that an update could be made so a file can be called for mezzmo to run an update on it's library? the idea is when I have something download I could make mezzmo update the database so I could immediately see the new file on the server.

Paul
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Do you mean like running Mezzmo with some command-line switch to force a maintain? That sounds like a good idea that I think we can implement.

xcom923
10-10-2011, 10:22 AM
that's exactly what I mean. I figure it would be something really simple to implement. Thanks for listening. If you guys keep up the 2 way communication I think I'm going to love this server app

Paul
10-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I've added this to the development to-do list, so should be implemented soon.

Aaron407
10-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I can't speak for you, but files appear immediately for me on my Sony BDP after they finish downloading, without having to do any type of manual refreshing. Dennis - is this function dependent on the device used?

Paul
10-10-2011, 12:47 PM
No, it doesn't depend on the device, but I think the original problem is that eventhough the files will appear in a folder you add using the "Add Folder" command, they won't be in active playlists until maintenance is done (or after you've visited the folder you've added). Running maintenance after files have been added, will update active playlists before you visit them.

xcom923
10-10-2011, 01:03 PM
exactly. I probably have a situation where I can see more of what's going on than most people. As soon as something is downloaded it needs to be up on the server. My family has cut the cord and all our TV shows are on a mezzmo server. I still haven't purchased it yet because of a few issues. But after my trial period I'll probably end up going full steam ahead with this server. I love the com. with the developers and hopefully over time I can help mold this server so it would suit my needs more. After all I feel that I need on real addition to it and everything else is just "I'd be nice if it could do...."

FYI, if anyone wants me to explain a reason for my feature requests please ask. I try to give my reasons anyway but meh, if I don't make it clear just let me know

steve109
10-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Xcom. I had the same issue with recorded tv.

As a workaround I use a script that sleeps for half an hour; then alters the mezzmo registry settings under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. .... Mezzmo\DBMaint to set the next automatic scan to be one minute into the future , launches mezzmo.exe ; sleeps for 5 minutes and then kills it with taskkill.exe and goes back to sleep.

LakersFan
12-03-2011, 03:19 AM
I've added this to the development to-do list, so should be implemented soon.

I was wondering if this is possible yet? I wanted to create a batch file that I could use in Eventghost to use a remote button to update.

Paul
12-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I was wondering if this is possible yet? I wanted to create a batch file that I could use in Eventghost to use a remote button to update.

Sorry, not yet. It is on our development list. We'll see if we can slipstream it into the upcoming version that we're testing now.

draven76
12-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Don't know if my problem is related to this... I'm testing mezzmo since yesterday and I noticed a problem: I added some files to my video directory at one time. Hours later, I added the subtitles. On my TV I can see the recently added files, but if I play them I get no subtitles. The only way to get the subs was removing and readding the video directory from the library.

Anyone noticed a similar behaviour?

Paul
12-09-2011, 08:38 AM
If you add subtitles after adding files to the library, then you need to maintain that playlist/folder and subtitles will be picked up.

draven76
01-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Hi,
any news on the "update library from command line" feature?

Paul
01-09-2012, 09:32 AM
It's still in the planned features list. I'll try to push it up in priority :)

ConvergeUA
03-30-2012, 05:49 AM
It's still in the planned features list. I'll try to push it up in priority :)

Any news about this feature? Any estimates when it'll be ready? Really cannot wait

draven76
03-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Any news about this feature? Any estimates when it'll be ready? Really cannot wait

Me too, still waiting...

Paul
03-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Hopefully, it will be included in the upcoming release that is due in the next 1-2 weeks.

ConvergeUA
06-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Hello

Already few months passed and I noticed that there were few updates (meezmo updated itself). Is it possible to 'maintain db' from command-line now? if so, please let me know how? or this awesome feature still was not included?

Paul
06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
It has been available since v2.6.0.0 :cool: See changelog at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp

Release notes for v2.6.0.0:
New: Command-line switch to run maintenance (Mezzmo.exe /Maintenance). See help file for full command-line options.

ConvergeUA
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Oh. you're right! I missed it somehow. Thank you very much for this, works like a charm! Keep-up a good work, I really like meezmo, tried hell of a lot other alike programs free and paid, but yours is definitely the best!

xcom923
10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
w00t!! I think I can come back to Mezzmo now.

Paul
10-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Welcome back :D