PDA

View Full Version : Several problems to report

moondial
10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi,
I purchased the mezzmo just a few days ago, however since then i have had several problems which i note here
1. When i connect it through my Samsung 3d bluray player bdp-c5900
a. subtitle file .srt do not work
b. It frequently disconnects and mezzmo server becomes unavailable for sometime
c. It does not recognise .flac files, reporting that 'no recognisable format' eventhough the file is seen
For the tech i have left all settings to default, i have not turned transcoding off and tried yet. But i have tried to change the auto recognised profile of BDP-3D to SAMSUNG C but it does not work.
The benefit of connecting thro the bluray player is that all the original sound formats including DD, DTS, DTS-MHD etc all these are decoded beautifully and i enjoy perfect sound thro the amp and the surround system.

However i would like the subtitles to play and not have disconnections, i have a wired broadband connection to my tv and bluray player but wireless connection to my computer upstairs and get a regular speed of 8mbps

2. When i connect it thro' my Samsung UE46C8000 however i dont get the digital surround at all but the ordinary PCM audio is released, but the .srt files and .flac files are correctly recognised.

So it is a no win situation either way, i was so glad i purchased this excellent software and wanted to even recommend it to my friends, but i can't until i can get a solution to these problems.
Can the tech at Conceiva please help?

Paul
10-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,

Please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse to a file with .SRT subtitles and try to play it. Stop it after a couple of seconds, as that should be enough to see. After that, stop and start the server and browse to a FLAC file and try to play that. Once it fails, stop the server and send in the logs to support and we'll sort this out.

moondial
10-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Oh thanks for that reply, i will do as you said and post back the log as you said.

moondial
10-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Hi Dennis,
I have emailed you the logs for one of the above problems, not playing flac files. Thanks for the help

Paul
10-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks, I'll get back to you via e-mail.

moondial
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Dennis
I tried to switch on the transcoding and play the flac file, it plays ok, but now the blu ray player doesn't recognise mezzmo, sometimes it disconnects in the middle of the streaming. As you are aware it takes ages to fast forward especially while watching a movie that in the end it is not worth it, so i give up.
Also in the middle of movie especially if i am watching a fast moving scene like a car or bike chase, the streaming pauses several times which is again quite annoying.
Also the transcoded files take so much of space in my drive that i have to sit and manually delete them at the end of a streaming session otherwise my drive becomes very slow and overloaded quickly. Is there any other way to delete these files quicker?
Have any of these been reported earlier?
Sorry for such a lengthy reply but unfortunately i am not getting a satisfactory experience using mezzmo

Paul
10-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Can you send in new logs with transcoding turned on and showing the pausing or disconnect during playback and I'll investigate further.

What sort of CPU do you have?

Also, you can use the Transcoding Settings dialog to delete all transcoded files or move them to another location, if you have another drive with more space on it, or just limit the folder size to something smaller and they'll be cleaned up automatically.

moondial
10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. My setup is intel core 2 duo 2.2 GHz with 4gb RAM and Windows 7 32 bit OS.
I will try and get some new logs, but it might be difficult since it is not predictable and hence logs might be big to go thro'
Is there anything i can do for my bluray player not recognising mezzmo, it is strange that it never happens with the tv, it always recognises it. Do you think it might be a problem with the player?

moondial
10-13-2011, 10:23 AM
I managed to move the the transcoded files folder to my larger drive, now it can take all the space it needs. Do you think it might be pausing in between due to the transcoding? Also do you think if i increase the space it takes for the temporary files/transcoded files it might be better?

Thanks for this one anyway.

Paul
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM
If you are trying to play non-native high-def files, then your CPU won't be fast enough to transcode in real-time (anything 720p and above won't play smoothly, until fully transcoded). The logs will tell for sure whether that's the problem or there's something else.

There could be several reasons for the BDP to disappear, so again it would help to see logs to understand the issue better.

The more space you give to the temporary transcoding folder, the less it will have to re-transcode - this can help if you tend to watch the same movies/shows a few times.

moondial
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Now i am beginning to understand the streaming process better. So if i understood you right if i wait for the transcoding process to finish then i should not witness any pauses or freezes. And if this is true how will i know the transcoding has finished/started, how long will it take for mezzmo to transcode any file and finally how can i initiate transcoding without actually watching the movie?
Sorry for another list of questions again.
Thanks again

Paul
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Yes, on systems which are not powerful enough, or with some devices that do not play transcoded files well, it helps to wait till transcoding is finished.

At the moment the only way to know when it's done is to watch Task Manager for "ffmpeg.exe" and/or higher CPU usage.

We'll release a version of Mezzmo soon that will allow you to pre-transcode files and it will also provide feedback on which files are transcoded/streamed/etc...

Jabber
10-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi,
I purchased the mezzmo just a few days ago, however since then i have had several problems which i note here
1. When i connect it through my Samsung 3d bluray player bdp-c5900
a. subtitle file .srt do not work

The benefit of connecting thro the bluray player is that all the original sound formats including DD, DTS, DTS-MHD etc all these are decoded beautifully and i enjoy perfect sound thro the amp and the surround system.

I'm having the same problem with .srt subtitles not working but to my delight did learn one thing. ARC HDMI. Look at the user manual for your devices and search for "ARC". Your Samsung TV should have it. If your Audio system also has an ARC capable HDMI output, you can send the audio from your TV to your audio sound system and recover multi channel audio that way.

On my TV (Samsung 50C7000) it's HDMI port 2 that has the ARC capability. If you can get the video to work on your TV and not your blu ray player, this is a work around and still be able to use your sound system (and not just the TV speakers).

This requires the audio receiver's output HDMI port to also support ARC and I think it requires an HDMI 1.4 cable (which you probably got for your 3D bluray player). You have to make sure your Audio receiver can also handle it otherwise don't enable it on your TV. Not sure what would happen but it could be dangerous to enable if both devices are not capable. On my TV HDMI-2 jack has label that says "ARC". That's the one I use.

The ARC feature has other benefits too since the volume control on your other Samsung devices remote's will suddenly work for your receiver and you won't have to use your audio receivers remote for the volume all the time.

This HDMI ARC thing was so cool to find out about and although didn't fix my .srt problems (they don't work at all), I thought it was worth sharing. When ARC is enabled on both devices It turns your HDMI port into a duplex port that communicates both ways between your audio receiver and your television. This allows you to use the TV's receiver to decode the audio and send it your audio receiver. It also works for over the air signals (antenna or cable connected to the back of the TV) received by your TV to send the audio to your sound system. ARC is also nice if you want to take advantage of the PIP and dual receiver options you may have.
:)

Alas, subtitles .srt are still not working though. :(

Jabber
10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Update .srt subtitle files do work now on my Samsung devices with Mezzimo.
Thanks, Dennis! :)