PDA

View Full Version : Compiling FFMPEG with DXVA support?

l8router
10-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi,

The lack of GFX accelerated transcoding is killing me. I've been looking at options to compile FFmpeg with GPU support... and found that DXVA2 can be compiled into it.

In your opinion will this actually work with Mezzmo?

Thanks.

Paul
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes, it's one of the possible enhancements we're researching at the moment.

l8router
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks. I can see a number of users here have also been asking for this. Is the "FFmpeg + DXVA2" a promising approach? Could you guys share an ETA for this major enhancement? :)

Paul
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
It may be as early as v2.5 - in a few weeks. There's a bit of testing to see whether it works, whether it's faster, doesn't cause issue and this all on a variety of files and operating systems.

If you'd like to compile a version of your own and test it, please do let us know the results.

l8router
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Cool! Just a suggestion as a loyal end-user... maybe when 2.5 comes there could be a tick box that gives users the ability to opt in the experimental GFX-acceleration features.. so whenever major problems occur there's always a fallback. :)

I'm trying the compilations with MinGW and CygWin at the moment, will share if I have something working.

Paul
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, we may consider giving an option like that - once we have some positive reaults, we'll see whether we need to allow fallback.