PDA

View Full Version : Different file save strategy (folders) in version 5?

Beetle
06-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Some time ago, I created a download template in version 4, which went over a link depth of "2" and created subfolders for each website related to the point of origin.

Example:

Template is called from website A. On the website there are links to websites B, C and D.
When downloading, Downloadstudio created subfolders like

FOLDERNAME (as specified in the template)
\DATE&TIME
\B
\C
\D

Now I tried the recent Download studio version 5 (with the same template) and the download behaved differently. That's the result:

FOLDERNAME (as specified in the template)
\DATE&TIME

No subfolders for the links are created anymore. Was there a change in the software to that respect? Or can I achieve the same result in a different way now?

Brent
06-17-2009, 04:02 PM
This appears to be a bug, we are still investigating, but we will probably change functionality back to how it worked in version 4 in the next update.

Beetle
11-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Has this issue been fixed by now, meaning in the current version?

Peter
11-26-2009, 08:57 AM
This appears to be fixed in the latest version, I just did a download of a site and it was saved into the structure you have described:

Folder Name
\Date/time
\B
\C
\D

Beetle
11-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Hmm, I just made a test with the latest version:

a) If I activate the option "Save files on computer using the same folder structure as webserver", then I do get a subfolder for each webstite within the link depth and of course several subfolders following the website's folder structure.

b) If I deactivate the option, Downloadstudio puts all files (of all websites) in the same folder.

In Downloadstudio version 4, when I deactivated the option mentioned above (as in b), there was subfolder created for each website within the link depth.

So the saving strategy is definitely still different. Or is there a way to tell the recent version to behave as I would expect?

Peter
11-27-2009, 07:55 AM
When "Save files on computer using the same folder structure as webserver" is deactivated, there is currently no method for creating a subfolder for each website. We will consider adding an option to save files in subfolders by website.

Beetle
11-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello Peter.
Can you figure out how I managed in version 4? Or did this version behave in my preferred way "by accident"?

Peter
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Version 4 of DownloadStudio created folders for each website when "Save files on coputer using the same folder structure as websever" was disabled, this behaviour was removed from DownloadStudio version 5 to simplify downloading site files.

Beetle
11-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Ok, thanks for the clarification, although it's :(