PDA

View Full Version : CyberLink PowerDVD 10 as Mezzmo Client

neb
10-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Is it possible to use "CyberLink PowerDVD 10" as a DLNA client with Mezzmo as a DLNA server?
As I click Video and then Network in PowerDVD all I can see is the "Media Server Name" I have given in Mezzmo but I don't see any data (Music, Photos, Video).
In Mezzmo I don't see any new detected Media Devices (I have checked "Allow all new devices to connect to Mezzmo")
If I do the same with Windows Media Player 12 all works fine.

thanks for any answer in advance.

Paul
10-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Is the PowerDVD on the same machine as Mezzmo or another? I'm not sure if it has a DLNA client, but if it has, then yes, it should be possible in a similar manner to WMP. I'd recommend turning transcoding off and then relying on the codecs on the PC to plays files.

neb
10-14-2011, 05:45 PM
no the software are not installed on the same machine. Mezzmo is installed on an XP Pro SP3 workstation and WMP and PowerDVD are installed on a Windows 7 workstions.
Both are on the same LAN subnet.

Paul
10-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Ok, can you please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then restart the PowerDVD on the other machine and try to connect to Mezzmo. Once that fails, stop the server and send in the logs to support and we'll investigate.

neb
10-18-2011, 06:18 PM
thank you verymuch for all the help. Much appreciated but I don't have the second PC with the PowerDVD software any longer.
For the time I put the problem in the fridge.