PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Viera Cannot Can See but Not Access Mezzmo

david81
10-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Well I thought I had it all figured out. Finally found a DLNA server that worked without hassle with my new Panasonic X3 plasma. Streaming any of my video files worked without a hitch right after install on my Win 7 PC.

But....I came back today to watch something and the TV can see the server, but it refuses to connect to it. No software updates that I'm aware of on either side.

I turned on logging and found this in the logs when the TV is mentioned.

"WARN > StreamDescriptionDocument: BLOCKED A DEVICE REQUEST: ATTEMPTED TO COMMUNICATE TO MEZZMO ON IP: 192.168.1.110, BUT DEVICE PROFILE'S NETWORK ADAPTOR SETTING RESTRICTS ALL COMMUNICATION TO IP: 192.168.1.100"

192.168.1.110 is the IP of the server. I've rebooted the server and the TV multiple times. TV is connected to the network via Netgear Wireless-N adapter to a Linksys 4200. Server has Gig-E directly to the router.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I was ready to purchase, but now I'm a bit worried that I may be back to square one...

Paul
10-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Please go to Media Devices dialog, edit the device and select "Auto" in the network adaptor combo box. After that restart the server and try again. If it still fails, please send in the logs to support and we'll check them out.

david81
10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Please go to Media Devices dialog, edit the device and select "Auto" in the network adaptor combo box. After that restart the server and try again. If it still fails, please send in the logs to support and we'll check them out.

It's actually been set to Auto since day one. I'll do a restart and try to access again then send logs.

david81
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Well, I didn't change anything. Just did another stop and start on the media server and now it's working fine. No oddities in the log this time. Very strange.

Paul
10-17-2011, 12:57 PM
If it happens again, please send in full logs and we'll check them out.