PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: Virtual Directories

xcom923
10-17-2011, 02:09 AM
OK, I've finally taken the plunge and purchased Mezzmo. This easily has the best Customer service of any piece of software I own BTW. Anyway my feature request I'd assume wouldn't be that hard. The idea is to be able to create a directory that is similar to how smartlists are done but have subfolders inside that. The "issue" I currently have is this: I have a smartlist of new TV shows that were recently downloaded. I want to instead of having just the TV episodes being display have the Series Title Displayed (this is done on my side in the form of the folder title/Artist name) before going into what episode has not been watched (controlled through play-count). Now the reason I'm suggesting this is because If I decide on watching something new and I'm behind by like a season or 2 then I have a ton of episodes flooding the "new Episode" playlist. Separating by series then episode would make things convent. I had this function on a version of PS3 media server (but that server didn't work half the time for me)

Paul
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. What you see on the device is a direct representation of the Library, so we need to work out how to create such a playlist. Would it need to have some attributes/keywords that are not used at the moment by Mezzmo? Or do you mean to have a smart playlist that would apply to sub-playlists?

xcom923
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I think more like a sub-playlist would work. Or a playlist that would just show a particular attribute before showing the file itself. so if a file belongs to a certain artist this new playlist would only show that artist and when you dive into the artist in question it only the files that match the previous playlist. So pretty much each subplaylist would carry on the parent's search. Does that make sense?

Paul
10-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes, we are planning on doing something like that.

jeauxbleaux
11-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I really love your product, but managing playlists with a large library is still a challenge because smart playlists only extend one level deep. Being able to "cascade" smart playlists with "inheritance", even a few layers deep, would be a HUGE step forward.

xnicolovici
11-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi,

I would like to ad some comment on this post.

I have quite the same "sub-playlist" request, but I would do it that way: Being able to use Active Playlist as a sub-Smart Playlist.

Here is an example.

Based on the Rolodex tutorial, I've been able to display Music grouped by Artist first letter, in a rollodex style. But what I'm missing is, instead of display all musics for all artist begining with letter 'A', would be to have an Active playlist ArtistName -> Album that would be build according to the SmartPlaylist filter, aka "ArtistName begins with A"

That way, I you have a nice Rolodex playlist like "All ArtistName begins with A" -> Artist Name -> Album

I would expect that being able to use Active Playlist as sub-playlist in Smart Playlist would give mush more ways to forge metadata informations.

Hope this will help to enhance this wonderfull product Mezzmo is ;-)

Bye,

Paul
11-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes, you'll be able to base smart/active playlists based on items from other playlists, so it'll be possible to implement what you wish.