PDA

View Full Version : Folder.jpg, Or in Rules, Library management.

Gumbyohson
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey,

You've got a little bit of a read ahead of you so please bear with me :)
I know that at least one of the things I'm about to "request" have already been suggested.
I'm actually looking for an ETA on it as it has been said that this would be in a future release but then the posts were not updated

1) Folder.jpg support for folder/playlist thumbnails.
I would really like to see this one and I don't think that it would be too hard to implement as this functionality is already there in a lot of devices (including the WDTV Live).

2) Better rules and an allowance for "Or" to be used.
E.G. Active playlist called Movies:
All Apply
1) file type is video
2) Folder path starts with g:\Movies (A-M)
OR
3) Folder Path starts with J:\Movies (N-Z)

3) Better library management.
I dont want "setup my library" tool to create playlists. All i want it to do is monitor those folders every day at 3AM and update the playlists i've created.

4) Playlist support for multiple folder sources. This one is best explained using my 2nd request: In the example i stated above, i was able to easily join 2 directories dynamically. However, in the case of TV shows, this would not do. I currently have to create a regular playlist, then add the 2 folders (TV Shows (A-M), TV Shows (N-Z)). I would like a way to make a playlist that can point directly to those 2 folders so I could open it and then not have to go into a-m or n-z but still have all my shows in self contained folders for easy browsing.

Looking forward to your response. (feel free to correct/teach me as some of this might actually exist already or i might be misunderstanding how things work)

thanks,

Gumby

Paul
10-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Number 1 is coming out with Mezzmo 2.4.5 which is due out soon.

We'll be working on enhancing playlist management for one of the next updates, so 2 and 4 will be available as well.

Regarding 3 - if you've added folders using the "Add Folder" command and have a scheduled maintenance running at 3am, then the contents of those folders should be updated. Is it not working for you or did you add your files/folders using some other function?

Gumbyohson
10-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Great to hear that this will be out soon :D

As for the folders, i was just noticing that it wasn't always pulling the titles of episodes and posters for movies from my NFO files.

Paul
10-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Can you please send one of those NFO files to support (at) conceiva (dot) com, so that we could check it here?

Dion
10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Number 1 is coming out with Mezzmo 2.4.5 which is due out soon.

OMG yes I have been waiting for this :)

Paul
10-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes, we always get there sooner or later :)

Gumbyohson
10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh. Two quick requests in regards to folders icons. Could we look at somehow making it so it can work for one specific name (like mfolder.jpg or "show name".jpg) as i would like to have it so that:
TV shows (has its own folder icon)
-Show (has its own folder icon)
--Season (has its own folder icon)
---File (is generated by the file instead of them all being the season cover)
as right now i have it setup using the folder.jpg and the only thing its doing is adding a jpg file to the folder (next to the sub folders) and replacing all the episode images with the season image (called folder.jpg).

2) the ability to hide the folder.jpg file from each folder but still have it set as the folder image.

:D

thanks,

Gumby

Paul
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes, we've fixed it up, so the folder.jpg/png will now only be assigned to the folder and the video file thumbnails will be retrieved either from specific metadata files or from the video itself. Thanks for pointing that out!

the ability to hide the folder.jpg file from each folder but still have it set as the folder image.

Some devices will filter those out, some won't. We're considering adding such an option.

Gumbyohson
10-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey,

Im having trouble with what files the preview thumbnails and what ones the poster is applying on.
Any Movies in my J:\Anime Movies folder use the preview but files in my F:\Movies (A-M) folder use the poster.
Is there a way to force what a playlist does with the files?

thanks,

Gumby

Gumbyohson
10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Wait. Never mind, now its not working for any of them.
is there a way to, on some playlists use the poster and some playlists use the preview (maybe be able to mark one playlist as movies and one as tv shows?

Paul
10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Are you using 2.4.5? It shouldn't use folder.png/folder.jpg to generate thumbnails for video files anymore. Do you have some other artwork files or .xml or .tmgb in the folder?

Gumbyohson
10-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi,

What i meant to say was, Is there a way to make it so that movie files (and playlists/folders) use the poster and tv shows use the thumbnails (but use the posters for the playlists/folders) automatically or do I need to change the artwork for each of my movies?
Sorry im being nit picky but having a wall of movie posters is better than a wall of movie credits :P.
I liked the old method for movies but i love the new method for tv shows. Is there a way we can get the best of both?
(Like i said, by marking a playlist as contaning movies or tv shows)

Gumby

Paul
10-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi,

Ah, I think I understand now.

No, not automatically. However, if your poster is named the same (except the extension of course) as your video file, then it should be used as the thumbnail. Folder.jpg and folder.png won't be used for video files, but all other files mentioned here: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/2070-Mezzmo-v2.4.5-is-available-now!?p=10840#post10840 will be used as a thumbnail, if present.

Gumbyohson
10-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Okay, I'm going to try using both folder.jpg and <moviename>.tbn.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Gumbyohson
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Confirmed to work :D
So now i have Folder.jpg giving me the folder image and moviename.tbn giving me the thumbnail.
thanks for all the work on this :D
Cant wait to see an update for the other things.

Paul
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm happy it's working :)

Dion
10-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Thank you for 2.4.5. Finally have covers for my playlist/folders again. ;)