PDA

View Full Version : Playlists - Want to play all files from multiple folders

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm new to Mezzmo (after working with TVersity for awhile) and find it works well with my Samsung BD-C5500C Blu-Ray player. Seem to play (sometimes with transcoding) all the music, photo and video formats I have on my PC. Couldn't get TVersity to do that! The key for me with Mezzmo was to make it use a different Samsung profile. SamsungBDP works great while SamsungBDP-3D didn't (but the 3D one was what Mezzmo picked).

Oh, I've digressed. My query is about playlists.

I want to add one or more folders to a playlist (I've been using the simple Playlist) and have all the files from all the folders play. It seems that you can play the files from one folder and then you have to go back and select another folder and then play those files.

Is there a way to get Mezzmo to play all the files from all the folders in a Playlist?

I know that when I'm setting up the playlist I can add all the files from a folder to the playlist but it is much easier to just add the folder.

--Larry

Paul
10-24-2011, 09:20 AM
If those files are all under a single root folder, then you could create a Smart playlist and specify "File path" "starts with" that root folder. This will then list all files that are in subfolders of that root folder.

Is that what you are trying to achieve or are you trying to combine files that are in other normal playlists?

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
The terminology certainly is tricky. So far I have only created a simple Playlist (not Smart or Active or Linked).
The Mezzmo library lists folders which are also called playlists. I have dragged folders from the library list of folders onto my simple playlist.
Let's say I drag two folders onto my playlist, one containing 5 files and the other containing 10 files.
When the device displays the playlist on the TV, it shows two folders. I want to play all 15 files just as if they were all listed explicitly in the playlist.

Does that make sense?

I'll do some experimenting with Smart playlists too.

--Larry

PS: I'm elaborating the descriptions with extra detail to try and make things clear. I think this is especially necessary when the terminology is new to me!

Paul
10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
If the two folders do not share a common path (e.g. "F:\my files\audio files\"), then at the moment you cannot combine them into one.

What you can do is create a normal playlist and then drag files from those two playlists into this new playlist - this will make your new playlist contain 15 files.