PDA

View Full Version : Playlists - Difference between "Add a Folder" versus drag/drop a folder ?

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I find that, when creating a simple Playlist, I get slightly different results when I use Add A Folder versus just dragging and dropping a folder onto the playlist.

In the Add A Folder case the folder shows up with a folder icon (from the folder.jpg file in the folder) whereas in the drag/drop case the folder shows up with no icon - it's just a small generic icon of a folder.

So, are these two operations supposed to be the same? Is the "no folder icon" result just a bug?
If the two operations are truly different, what are the differences?

--Larry

Paul
10-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Do you mean dropping a folder from the Windows Explorer into Mezzmo? It should be the same as using the "Add Folder" command. You should see a dialog come up after you drop, that allows you to customize the folder (same as when you do "Add Folder") and the icon should also be the coming from the folder.

Can you please describe in more detail your drag-and-drop operation, so that I could check it here?

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Here's the scenarios and what I see:
1. From Windows Explorer, drag and drop a folder onto a simple Playlist. The dialog comes up, I don't do anything but click OK. Then Mezzmo goes and scans for awhile and the folder gets added. But it is a small, simple icon without the folder icon displayed.
2. Within Mezzmo, I click on Music and then Folders. From the right pane I drag and drop a folder (which is called a playlist by Mezzmo) onto a simple playlist. No dialog pops up and the folder is added immediately without any scanning. The result is a small, simple icon without the folder icon displayed.
So the end result is the same except that scenario 2 is much faster (no scanning needed).
--Larry

Paul
10-24-2011, 10:05 AM
The second scenario is just relocating a playlist within Mezzmo, so it'll keep the same attributes and won't scan the folder.

The first one, though, should have added the folder properly with the folder artwork. Do you see the folder artwork in the dialog that comes up after the drop? If you don't, then perhaps it's not picked up from the folder. Can you please send a screenshot of that folder in Windows Explorer, so that I could confirm that one of the files that Mezzmo uses is in that folder?

Also, just to confirm - you are using v2.4.5, right?

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM
In scenario 1 - I do not see the folder artwork in the dialog. (I do see it in the dialog when doing Add A Folder).

I am using Mezzmo v 2.4.5. Just downloaded and installed a few days ago (so far just the free version but I plan on getting the paid verson soon).

Here is an image of the test playlist with 3 folders:
The two added to the playlist via Add A Folder show the folder artwork. The Airmen Of Note folder does not. Note that if I use Add A Folder on the Airmen of Note folder it shows up with the artwork. Doesn't that mean the correct artwork files are in the folder?

Here's a part of the Airmen Of Note folder from Windows:
The only files in the folder are several mp3 files and the folder.jpg file.

--Larry

PS: Thanks for the feedback and help on this stuff. Clearly I'm a brand new Mezzmo user (but I am an experienced PC user).

Paul
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the additional information. Yes, I can confirm that this is an issue in Mezzmo v2.4.5 - when you drop in a folder from Windows, the thumbnail is not picked up. We'll have it fixed for the next update. Thanks for pointing this out!