PDA

View Full Version : Display Order of Media Files

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 07:38 AM
I just noticed that sometimes the Mezzmo media files (when viewed via my Samsung Blu-Ray player) are listed alphabetically and sometimes by track number. When listed alphabetically I don't (yet) know if it is by filename or by Title (mp3 tags). I can do experiments to determine which but maybe someone can just tell me.

In general, I'd like to know what Mezzmo uses to order the media files when displayed via the media player?
Do I have any control over the display order? If so, how?

--Larry

Paul
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Generally Mezzmo will sort everything alphabetically, with the exception of Smart playlists where you can specify (albeit limited) order. An exception to this is the Active playlists that contain the Album keyword - these are sorted by track.

A future version of Mezzmo will allow greater flexibility in sorting playlists.

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Well, I'm definitely seeing some folders displayed (on the TV via the blu-ray player) in Track order.

I've looked around at the mp3 tags and see that some of my folders (as viewed by Windows) have songs with track numbers and other folders don't.
I could do some experiments to see if all the ones with track numbers do one way and the ones without track numbers go the other.

Note that I'm not talking about the order that Mezzmo presents on my PC -- I'm referring to the order seen when viewed on my TV via the blu-ray player. I haven't paid any attention to how Mezzmo lists them on my PC since I don't really care about that.

--Larry

Paul
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes, I'm talking about order on the device as well. Items should be sorted by track when they are in the "Album" active playlist and they should be sorted alphabetically elsewhere. However, the device may re-sort items as well, so perhaps that's what's happening.

larrymcg
10-24-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm beginning to understand that Mezzmo doesn't really have much to say about how the info is presented by the device.

In any case, I will do a bit more experimentation and report back.

By the way, I don't know what you mean by "...sorted by track when they are in the "Album" active playlist and they should be sorted alphabetically elsewhere". What is the "Album active playlist"??

--Larry

Paul
10-24-2011, 03:31 PM
By the way, I don't know what you mean by "...sorted by track when they are in the "Album" active playlist and they should be sorted alphabetically elsewhere". What is the "Album active playlist"??

I mean the child playlist in the active playlist that has a keyword "Album". By default Mezzmo will create such a playlist under Music -> Artist, then if you go into individual artists, you'll see a list of albums, then go into an album and files should be sorted according to their track order in here.