PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo (and PC) unreachable from Sony BDP

Mark7A
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I absolutely love Mezzmo, and am continuing to explore all of it's features.

All of a sudden however, I can no longer reach the server from my Sony BDP. I was out of town for a week, and there was a power failure here.
This problem also extends to the accessing my PC as well.
I see both entries in the Sony Video category, but both are "greyed out". Upon clicking the Mezzmo icon, Sony tells me it is starting the server, but eventually fails.

Steps I followed to try to fix the issue:

I looked at the FAQ, and it mentioned to check for UnPNP in my router. It was set to enabled (as it was in the past), but I unchecked it as recommended.
I upgraded to the latest version.
I rebooted the PC and router as well as Mezzmo.
The IP address of the Sony was incorrect in Mezzmo, I fixed that
The Sony can reach the internet fine, and network diagnostics finds no issues.

One thing to note (not sure if it's related). Mezzmo is set to start the server on reboots. It does not, I have had to manually restart it.

I am fairly sure this is related to the power failure, as Mezzmo has worked very well for me daily.
I am still relatively new at all of this, so I am asking for some tips to figure out the issue.

Thanks

Mark

Paul
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Mark,

Please delete the Sony device from Mezzmo's Media Devices dialog, then restart the server. If the Sony is not automatically picked up, then it's not detected due some network/firewall issue.

Please check this thread for some common issues, is you haven't already: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device

One thing I'd check is whether the IP addresses are still in the same subnet - the router could've re-issued them after the power failure and they may be different now. Are both the BDP and the PC wired/wireless or are they different?

Mark7A
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks Dennis,

As you were answering me, I decided just to make the IP address static (I've been doing that to all me devices when I think about it).
In doing so, I noted that the IP address that was in the Sony was the same as my Printer (already static).

I was using a little iPad app (IP Scanner) and noticed the Sony wasn't showing up, and the address was give to the printer.

I just made it static and all is well. Thanks for helping me fix this, I realize it wasn't a Mezzmo issue.

All is right in the world again..

Mark

Paul
10-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Mark,

I'm glad you've sorted it out!