PDA

View Full Version : Last update changed SonyBraviaKDLW

dpetr
10-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Hello Dennis...

There's a problem with this profile that I use. I always have to add the following to play most of my library:

<avcontainer id="mpegts" name="mpegts" encode="0" mimetype="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" dlnaprofile="AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T" supportschunked="0">
<video>
<format id="h264" encode="0">
</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="ac3" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
<audio>
<format id="aac" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
Without these lines in the file, the TV shows no files. With these lines, they show and play natively. Can you perhaps fix this in this profile for a future release so that I don't have to add these lines whenever you make a change to this profile, as was the case in the latest update? Thanks.

The files in question are m2ts files with the stated codecs.

Paul
10-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Actually the "W" profile is for TVs that do not support h264. Perhaps another Sony Bravia profile would better suit your TV instead? Can you please try the latest profiles to see if one of them will work as-is for you?

dpetr
10-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the info Dennis.

I remember a while back that none of the Sony Bravia profiles worked on these files, so I made the above change to the W profile as it was the least size at the time. However, since then I haven't tested any of the other profiles since the W was never changed. You've changed the non-W profile to the point where it will work without any modification on my part. That's what I needed.

Now if Sony would update the firmware to play MKV files, everything would be working. I won't be holding my breath.

Again, thanks for the advice.