PDA

View Full Version : Use embedded subtitles

heksesang
10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Hello,

I'd like to see support for using the subtitles embedded into .mkv or .mp4 files.
And it would also be nice if it was possible to specify a subfolder where you have the subtitle files, so they do not have to be in the same directory as the video files.

Hope these are changes you could add soon. :)

Paul
10-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes, we are working on a version of Mezzmo that will fully support subtitles - it'll be the next major update.

heksesang
10-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes, we are working on a version of Mezzmo that will fully support subtitles - it'll be the next major update.

Great! Is there any estimated release date (or any sort of timeframe) for the next major update?

Paul
10-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Great! Is there any estimated release date (or any sort of timeframe) for the next major update?
No, sorry - I can't give an estimated released date, but it's not too far away.

heksesang
01-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Was this feature not included in the 2.5 release?

Paul
01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
No, sorry, it will be part of v3 release.

Colderan
01-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Isn't this a simple checkbox to remove the "-sn" flag passed to ffmpeg? If that is the case, I don't think it's worth a major release...

Paul
01-25-2012, 08:38 AM
No, it's not as simple as that, as that doesn't let you burn external subtitles into a file, it doesn't let you mux external subtitles in a channel nor does it let you convert from non-compatible subtitles to ones which are compatible with a device.

On the subject of "-sn" - we do have a special device profile flag "copysubtitlestream" which is when set to "1" will attempt to "-scodec copy". It will fail in most cases, from what I've seen though.