PDA

View Full Version : Unable to pause/restart large MKV files with Panasonic TV

Pavlov
10-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I'm trying out Mezzmo for the first time and while I like the program very much and intend on buying it I have a couple of niggles I'd like really to work out.
When I pause or FF a large(6.5 GB in this case) MKV file the movie starts back from the beginning when I press PLAY even though the counter resumes where it left off.
Strangely I don't encounter this problem with smaller(1.2 GB) MKV files such as TV episodes.

Also - as others have mentioned I'm unable to play AVI (XVID, DIVX, etc) files.

Thank you,

TV model: Panasonic TC-L37DT30
Computer: Win XP SP3, Intel Q9550 @ 3.2, 4GB RAM
Connection : ethernet via router

Paul
10-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi,

Please try the "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)" device profile and see if that gets the AVIs going. Your TV's specs don't show that it supports DivX, so perhaps that's why those AVIs fail. MKV files are also transcoded, so perhaps transcoding is not finished when you try to resume and this may be causing some issue.

It will help if you can enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing one of those large MKVs, pause it and then resume. Once it skips to the beginning, stop the server and send in the logs.

Pavlov
11-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I don't get it - After many failed attempts I just tried pausing/starting the same file again so I could record log info and this time it worked OK:confused: I'll follow up should the problem reoccur.

Still haven't had any success with the DivX file. Could you please explain the "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)" device profile? I'm clueless as to what this is.

Paul
11-02-2011, 10:05 AM
To change the device profile, go to the Media Devices dialog, then select your device and click Edit. Choose a device profile (e.g. "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)") from the list and click OK to apply.

This profile will transcode DivX/Xvid files (AVIs basically) to another format to make them compatible with your TV.

Pavlov
11-05-2011, 08:22 AM
To change the device profile, go to the Media Devices dialog, then select your device and click Edit. Choose a device profile (e.g. "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)") from the list and click OK to apply.

This profile will transcode DivX/Xvid files (AVIs basically) to another format to make them compatible with your TV.

Thanks, it works fine now.

Were almost there except I just tried a 1080p file and it's stuttering. Is there a fix?

Other than that I think Mezzmo is great software and have decided to purchase it anyway.

Paul
11-07-2011, 10:04 AM
It's possible that either transcoding is not fast enough for real-time playback or the bitrate is too high for the TV to handle. To check this, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing it again and once it starts to stutter, stop the server and send in the logs to support.

Pavlov
11-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Just sent log regarding the recurring pause/start problem.
Also just got "cannot read file" message halfway through a movie. Unfortunately I did not have diagnostic enabled.

Paul
11-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Ok, we'll look at the logs and get back to you via e-mail.

Pavlov
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Do you think I would have better luck streaming to a Panasonic DMP-BDT310 or Denon DBP-2012UDCI Blu-ray player?

I'm mentioning these models because I have a credit balance at a local retailer that sells these two brands only.
As a last resort I could always get an Oppo or Dune media player which would almost certainly solve my problem and would be better value than the Denon and Panasonic players but that would involve more spending.

Paul
11-22-2011, 01:37 PM
We have device profiles for both, but we haven't tested either in-house, so I can't give any recommendations. Perhaps someone who has one of those can provide more information.

Pavlov
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Ok, we'll look at the logs and get back to you via e-mail.

Any chance of finding a fix for this?

Paul
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Sorry for the delay. I have just looked through your logs and responded via e-mail.

bigstout
12-02-2011, 02:59 AM
2 questions.... mkv files.... why would mezzmo need to transcode... i have the same or similar TV as metioned about (panasonic viera), and the mkv and mp4 are supported natively so im a bit confused on to why mezzmo would have to transcode.

and can you post the answer to the studdering issue w/ the 1080p mkz file please?

Paul
12-02-2011, 09:25 AM
mkv files.... why would mezzmo need to transcode... i have the same or similar TV as metioned about (panasonic viera), and the mkv and mp4 are supported natively so im a bit confused on to why mezzmo would have to transcode

Please list the FFmpeg information for one of the files that you mention is transcoding. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

can you post the answer to the studdering issue w/ the 1080p mkz file please?

As Dennis' post in this thread mentions - It's possible that either transcoding is not fast enough for real-time playback or the bitrate is too high for the TV to handle. To check this, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing it again and once it starts to stutter, stop the server and send in the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Pavlov
12-12-2011, 12:14 AM
I was happy to hear about the upcoming software fix for the transcoding issues but ended up getting an Oppo BDP-93 anyway.
I'm using Mezzmo to stream 1080p content to it and it's all I could have asked for.
So far no issues whatsoever and PQ is WAY better than when streaming directly to the TV.
I was told that the Dune player would be better for streaming and the Oppo would be better for spinning discs. Honestly I don't see how much better it could get than this.