PDA

View Full Version : File not found? Not Found?

dehalley
11-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Ripped 3 TV episodes from a commercial DVD. All look fine on my computer. All look fine in the Mezzmo app. They all show up in the TV's menu fine. However, the TV interface returns a "File Not Found" error on the 2nd one. Tried re-ripping and re-compressing to avi, mkv, and mp4 formats. The file was recognized once (mp4) but the next time I tried to view it, I got the same error.

I would guess that the Mezzmo app is returning an error code for some reason, but the reason eludes me.

Running Mezzmo on a Dell/Win7 - plenty of processor, memory, and space head room.
The TV is a Sony Bravia.

Anyone actually know why 1 out of 3 vids ripped from the same DVD might have a problem?

Thanks,

Don

Paul
11-03-2011, 08:51 AM
To understand the issue, we'll need to see some logs. Please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse to this file on your TV and try to play it. Once you get that error, stop the server and send in the logs to support.

dehalley
11-03-2011, 06:40 PM
OK - done. Support request is ID: 22481, Mezzmo, Using, Sony Bravia KDL

Paul
11-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks - I'll get back to you via e-mail.

dehalley
11-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Dennis: Thanks again for your quick and accurate assistance. OK - for the rest of you:

1. The instructions on how to capture log files didn't work as advertised on my machine. I had to check the box to create the logs and then close and restart Mezzmo. (The instructions say only to close and restart the server. The logs on my installation are created - or not - as Mezzmo comes up.) To be safe, I did stop and start the server before and after stopping and restarting Mezzmo.
2. Dennis looked at the logs and asked me to delete the video's transcode file (right-click on the video - properties - transcoding tab - delete). When I did this, I noticed the transcode file had a length of zero - probably a clue. After I deleted it, the video played fine.
3. My computer itself was trying to give me another clue - even after the "File not found" error, the CPU fan stayed pretty cranked up - just like it is while successfully transcoding. Hindsight tells me that Mezzmo was struggling with a transcoding problem.

So, if you encounter a similar problem - a normal-looking file that returns a "File not found" error, and you stumble across this thread, you might try using the above info to delete whatever remnants remain of the transcode file and try again. It could save you a lot of time and grief.

Hang in there,

Don