PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo appears as two DLNA servers on the network

balchen
11-09-2011, 07:29 AM
My server is running Mezzmo (just updated to 2.4.5.0) and my devices can see the server, but every device sees two instances of the Mezzmo server. Both are named the same and have the same media library.

Is there any way I can fix this so only one Mezzmo is visible?

balchen
11-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Heh, never mind. What the search feature of the forum could not uncover, the "Similar threads" feature could. In the other thread it was stated that two NICs on the server would cause Mezzmo to register twice on the network. I don't have two NICs, but the server has two IP addresses on the same NIC and this shows in the Mezzmo configuration GUI as two NICs.

costero
06-10-2014, 04:48 AM
What is the fix? I'm having the same issue with Mezzmo 4.

balchen
06-10-2014, 06:09 AM
What is the fix? I'm having the same issue with Mezzmo 4.

Quote from the other thread (the one referenced below under "Similar threads"):

You can choose which NIC you want to use via the Media Devices dialog and that'll limit Mezzmo to only one instance for that device.

Paul
06-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device. On the Device Settings dialog, change the Network adaptor setting from 'Automatic' to the network adaptor you wish to use.

costero
06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Thank you both. In my case, the DOH!! factor was that just before I installed Mezzmo 4, I also got a new computer, and it has two network cards (one ethernet, one wifi). So, my first fix was to disable one of those. But with the fix suggested by Paul, it looks like I can re-enable both, and just tell Mezzmo which card to use. Very cool. Thanks.