PDA

View Full Version : Player restarts video continously... and the aspect ratio is wrong

cannondalege
11-09-2011, 11:01 AM
I didn't find any related links to this so I am posting this question. When I play mp4 videos with Mezzmo on a Toshiba 40UL605U or a Sony Google TV NSX-24GT1 the video stops after varying amounts of time and automatically restarts. I am using N-wireless but I have no trouble to stream 1080p from Vudu via my ps3, stream Netflix all the time to both TVs, use XBMC on an Acer Revo connected to the Toshiba for 720p video, etc., all via the N-wireless network - the ps3 is plugged into an N bridge. What could be the problem? Why doesn't it just pause and continue if it is a network speed problem?

Then, I have seen many different posts about aspect ratio problems. I have them also. On the Toshiba it always plays full screen. On the Google TV, it sometimes plays correctly, but sometimes also plays in a narrow vertical band in the center of the screen. It's very odd. I also have two LG 50" plasma TVs, a 50PK950 and a 50PX950, one with a Logitech Revue to which I would like to stream via Mezzmo. I have been ripping my DVD collection to my storage via DVD Decryptor and Handbrake but have put a hold on it since I can't find a reasonable streaming solution. I have tried TVersity, PlayOn, PS3 Media Server, WMP, etc... There is either a compatibility issue, an aspect ratio problem, or something causing trouble.

The restarting problem is the most critical. Without resolving that, it's not worth continuing. I have a trial for another week or so.

Thanks.

cannondalege
11-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Well, the recent aspect ratio problem that came up as a similar thread indicated that there are device profiles that I can set for each of my devices. Now the only thing I need to figure out is how to determine which device is which! How do I find out which ip address represents which display device? They do not have any reasonable names in the list. I have 2 Windows Media Players, 1 Onkyo, and 4 Unknown. It would be great if I could assign Logitech Revue, Sony Google TV, LG TV, and Toshiba to see what happens. Right now, I'll play around with it by trial and error.

Paul
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes, setting the correct device profile is the first step.

You can use the IP/MAC address to determine which device is which - each of the devices should have Network settings somewhere in their menus and you can see IP/MAC addresses in there.

Once you set the correct device profiles, please try again and let us know how you go.

If things still don't look right or fail to play, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then reproduce the issue and once it happens, stop the server and send the logs to support.

cannondalege
11-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. I took a moment and assigned the correct device for the Toshiba TV and Sony Google TV. I'll do the Logitech Revue and LG TV's later. But now I am not able to play any media. I have a library of m4v files but also have avi and other video files. I am able to view jpg images without any problems. Both the Toshiba and Google TV indicate unsupported video format or corrupted file. I am able to stream the same files to the Toshiba via the HTPC using WMP, VLC, and XBMC. I tried to reassign the device settings to the defaults but that didn't change the situation. Any advice for me? I don't understand what happened. I do have my other media servers running.

Paul
11-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing one of the failing files on one of the devices and once that fails, please stop the server and send in the logs to support.