PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic TC-L32C30A ; DLNA + MKV + DTS + SUBTITLES

shareator
11-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi all, it's possible mkv with subtitles? any new profile? thx in advance.

Paul
11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
If the subtitles are embedded in the MKV, the TV may (or may not) display them. The Viera profiles that have "2011" will stream most MKVs natively, thus preserving original subtitles, so then it'll be up to the TV to display them or not. External subtitles will also be streamed and if the TV supports them, they'll be displayed.

shareator
11-15-2011, 10:30 AM
If the subtitles are embedded in the MKV, the TV may (or may not) display them. The Viera profiles that have "2011" will stream most MKVs natively, thus preserving original subtitles, so then it'll be up to the TV to display them or not. External subtitles will also be streamed and if the TV supports them, they'll be displayed.

Hi, thx for the support, if in options transcoding OFF work perfect MKV 1080p with multiple audio AC3 6 channels and multiples subtitles inside mkv, the problem is DTS when transcoding the subtitles dissapear.
żExist any profile with the only option is transcoding DTS to AC3 and add .srt subtitles?

Please any mod edit title "Panasonic tc-l32c30a ; dlna + mkv + subtitles" to "Panasonic TC-L32C30A ; DLNA + MKV + DTS + SUBTITLES

Paul
11-15-2011, 11:03 AM
The next major update of Mezzmo will include a subtitle engine that will allow you to do that.

What we can also try is to copy the subtitles from the MKV with DTS to the new MKV with AC3 - this may or may not work, but it's worth a try. If you feel comfortable editing text files, then I can give you instructions on how to modify the device profile to do that, otherwise, please open a support ticket and I'll do it for you.

Please let me know which device profile you are using.

shareator
03-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Hi again, tv support MKV up to "9 ref frames", support mkv with subtitles embebed (thx for the suggest) MKV2AC3 or mkvmergeGUI method,
Possible profile to Panasonic TC-L32C30A (Argentine)
Transcoding only if:
MKV
DTS to AC3 or Dolby
Ref frame > 9
force embebed subtitles

Tv support any usb keyboard without drivers to Facebook, Radio podcast.
Any chance future updates Mezzmo support navigator ? add youtube, googlemaps

Thx in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Paul
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi,

At the moment Mezzmo does not detect the number of ref frames in a file, so it can't trigger transcoding based on that. The "Panasonic Viera (2011 models, NTSC)" device profile will transcode MKVs with DTS, while passing all other MKVs through natively - perhaps that's a close match for your TV. We have an updated version of it as well, so if you send a message to support I can send you that and we'll see how it works out.

There are plans to add URL streaming to the next major release of Mezzmo, which will allow you to stream YouTube and other sites.