PDA

View Full Version : Metadata for Windows Media Center files

vancedailey
11-17-2011, 12:25 PM
I am using Mezzmo to play WTV files from my Logitech Revue.
This allows me to use Windows Media Center to record TV shows but I can use Google TV as my universal playback device. (I don't have to switch between google TV and my PC unless I need to setup a new recording in WMC.)

Mezzmo could provide an enhanced experience if the metadata for the WTV files was displayed.

For example WMC displays the name of the show, the episode title, the channel and the original air date.

A complete list of the metadata is available by right clicking a WTV file and viewing the details tab under properties.

Thanks,
Vance

Paul
11-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you for the suggestion - we'll look into enhancing our WTV metadata support.

vancedailey
11-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Good to know. Unless you think an enhancement is likely soon I may try MC-TVConverter and use it to rename the recordings with more descriptive IDs.
Thanks,
Vance

Paul
11-21-2011, 08:47 AM
I can't estimate when this will go into development, as most efforts are now concentrated on pre-transcoding and subtitles. I'd say it's not going to happen until early next year.

dirtymafia
11-29-2011, 12:06 PM
I would like to second this request. I will soon be using this same setup (wtv files DLNA to revue) soon - just purchased revue and will be purchasing mezzmo after testing period. This would put mezzmo way over it's competitors. I haven't found another DLNA server that even supports WTV let alone supporting the meta data included with it.

I have found numerous people on the web that are having a problem getting WTV files to DLNA "media devices" such as the revue, wdtv live, etc. Mezzmo looks like the answer and with deeper WTV integration it would be flawless.

Paul
11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Your request is noted :) We'll investigate it further and see if we can slipstream it into an upcoming release. It may not get into the pre-Christmas release that we're testing now, but we should be able to get it into the next - assuming we can get access to the WTV metadata.

vancedailey
11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
The program Edit DVR-MS MetaData which can be downloaded from this site: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/toub/archive/2005/05/12/416874.aspx allow editing the metadata in WTV files. (By default the program only looks at .dvr-ms files but it works fine with WTV files)

Here is some background information that may help: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/toub/archive/2007/09/22/fun-with-dvr-ms.aspx

Paul
11-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for this helpful information, Vance. We'll refer to it when we implement WTV metadata retrieval.