PDA

View Full Version : Samsung D keeps getting disconnects from Mezzmo

jeffreybc55
11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Just got a new SSD and had to reinstall - but I doubt that's it......I can get 30 seconds into a movie and then the disconnect....Logs are attached.

Paul
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Are you on a wired or wireless network? Mezzmo streams the file natively, so it's not a transcoding issue.

Can you see the movie (e.g. does it start to play)?

Also, you're using a "Samsung C" device profile - is that what you used before, or did you use "Samsung D" before?

If you try playing it again, does it stop at the same spot?

patrice
01-03-2012, 01:32 AM
I had a similar issue (early disconnect) that I could address by checking the "Turn off transcoding for all connected devices" checkbox in the Transcoding Settings page. It looks like Mezzmo was trying to transcode videos that did not need to be transcoded (which does not explain why it crashed...but still...). I was using the correct profile for my TV: "Samsung D".

Now, with transcoding turned off, I still get "random disconnects", sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours. This is very annoying. When it happens, I have to turn my TV off and then back on for it to see Mezzmo again...I will enable logging and send it to support.

Paul
01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for reporting this. We'll check out your logs when you send them in.

philcommon
01-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Just to say that I'm having the same disconnect problem. Win7/32 to Samsung BD5500 via homeplug. All was fine before updating to 2.5. Tried unistall and re-install of previous version but the problem remained. Then re-up to 2.5 and again the disconnect. I have no log files to upload at the moment.

philcommon
01-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Despite all the fiddling I can think of doing, random (?) disconnects are still happening. Attached is log file for latest: would be grateful for feed back and, ideally, a solution!
Phil

sysv
01-08-2012, 03:00 AM
i to get random disconnects using 'D' profile on a samsung d5700 blu ray
i use wireless n300 router. wired is not a option for me
will dump the log next time it happens

Paul
01-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the log - anyone experiencing those random disconnects, please open a support ticket, so that we could send out a patch when it's available.

warbstowcross
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
SAMSUNG UE32D5520R connected by a hard wire network to an ACER home server running windows home server. I am suffering random dissconnects. Then after a minute or so the TV shows a panel bottom right that mezzmo is reconnected. I have disabled transcoding. How do I get a log file?

Paul
01-10-2012, 09:56 AM
To enable logging please see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging

dkodgis
11-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry I am late in the game here but if you are serving from a laptop and you have usb devices attached that are not powered through a hub that has an ac wall adapter, get one! Powering usb devices off of a laptop as in "self-powering" drives, modems, camera, cams, thumb drives, etc. all use (too much) power. They all appear to work but they pull power from the laptop's internal NIC and the internal wireless NIC and when it comes to streaming to a Samsung smart tv (especially the D series), you will find random disconnects. Power everything through a plug-into the wall hub and your power problems go away. Then you can stream. Do disable everything on the wired NIC as in speed, offsets, etc. Disable *everything*. Reboot. See it work. Also uncheck IPV6 under properties under any NIC card. It is not necessary under Windows 7 for media streaming. Also, scan your drive with three or four different malware and antivirus freeware packages to see if your drive or processes are infected. This can affect *everything* including streaming. I can stream to three different TVs including the Samsung smart tv and an iphone and an ipad with no issues...took me two years to figure all this out. You all can do all these things inside a few hours and get the results you want.

Paul
11-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Excellent information. Thanks for sharing!