PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle SHOWCENTER 250 subtitle problem

uni
11-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Hello,
I'm using Pinnacle SHOWCENTER 250 and I have problem with showing subtitles with DIvx movies. Of course I use same name of the movie and subtitle in the same folder, e.g.: movie.avi and movie.srt. but subtitles don't show. I 'm using the latest version of Mezzmo. At the same time I can play the same movie with subtitles by Samsung LCD TV by Mezzmo. Any ideas what could be the problem?

Paul
11-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Hello,

Does it support external subtitles? I can't seem to find an online manual to check and the specs on the site don't seem to mention anything about subtitles.

uni
11-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Hello, I accidentally write down wrong model.I use Pinnacle SHOWCENTER 200,but I belive its the same device.And yes,support external subtitles with ShowCenter Server,work OK.

An online manual http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Digital+Media+Adapters/Digital+Media+Player/ShowCenter+200+Support/Download+Area/Documentation/ShowCenter+200+installation+poster.htm?mode=docume nts

This is from manual:
Displaying Movie Subtitles
Subtitles in VOB movies can be selected and displayed by pressing the C button on your remote control while the movie is playing. For MPEG 4 AVI movies, subtitles are also supported in the following formats: MicroDVD ("SUB"), SubRip ("SRT"), and Substation Alpha ("SSA"). The subtitle files need to be placed in the same folder as the movie and the file name needs to be identical to the name of the movie (except for the file extension). Only West European character sets are supported. In addition, the display needs to be turned on via Settings/Movie options in the TV Menu. For MPEG 4 AVI movies, the C button has no function.

Paul
11-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Ok, so using the "C" button is possible only for embedded subtitles in VOB files.

Did you turn on subtitles using the Video Options? If you did, then I suppose the device should support them.

Please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing a file that has external subtitles for a few seconds, then stop the server and send in the logs to support and we'll check them out.

uni
11-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Hello,
I send a log file to support@conceiva.com,the name of email is Pinnacle SHOWCENTER 200 log file

Paul
11-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks - I'll get back to you via e-mail shortly.