PDA

View Full Version : Samsung UN46D6000 playing MKV with subtitles

Gary
11-24-2011, 03:28 AM
I'm evaluating Mezzmo with a Samsung UN46D6000SFXZA I recently purchased. Whether playing an MP4 video with a separate SRT file, or playing an MKV file of the same video I created with MKVMERGE, the subtitle menu item shown on the Samsung Allshare interface is greyed out and subtitles are not displaying. I can enable and see the subtitles on my PC on the MP4 file and the subs display regardless on the MKV since I used the forced option in MKVMERGE.

Mezzmo shows my TV as a Samsung-D device. Is that correct?

I've enabled logging to capture the behavior. I'll send the logs into the support mailbox for your review. I have 8 more days to evaluate Mezzmo, so it would be great if you could let me know definitively in the next week whether Mezzmo can support subtitles for streaming video on my Samsung model. I am otherwise very pleased with Mezzmo! Thanks!

Gary

Paul
11-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the logs - I'll reply via e-mail after going through them.

Gary
11-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Dennis... brilliant! The subs work fine after resyncing the library. .MKV, .MP4, and .AVI vids are showing available subs for all vids where I have a separate .SRT file named the same as the vid file.

So, are you working on a software rev for Samsung D than can read MKV vids with embedded subs? I'm OK with using MKV Extract to pull out subs, or finding matching sub files online, but it would be ideal if Mezzmo could render the subs from those in the mkv.

Thanks much for your speedy assistance! I'm now a registered owner of Mezzmo. :)

Gary

Paul
11-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm glad it's all working now :)

Yes, the next major Mezzmo update will include our subtitle engine - it'll be for all devices.

suncat100
12-30-2011, 04:41 AM
I tested a handful of DLNA servers, and currently enjoying Mezzmo trial which I will most likely purchase in a few days. I also have this issues with subtitles not showing on Samsung TV, and they are embedded into the MKV file ... So what is the current status of this? We need to include separate .SRT file with the video?

Looking forward to any improvements for this in future releases!

suncat100
12-30-2011, 03:50 PM
I read around a few related topics and seems my questions are answered. I will be attempting to extract subtitles from mkv ... Thnx

Paul
01-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Glad you found the the answer - yes, you should have a .SRT/.SUB/,SMI subtitle file alongside your video file, and Mezzmo will stream it to your DLNA device.