PDA

View Full Version : Why is this FFMPEG process running?

VinceA
11-27-2011, 01:19 AM
My machine was running a bit slow this AM so I checked the process list and found FFMPEG was running using most of one core of my CPU. No one was streaming anything and nothing seems to be transcoding but Process Explorer shows this command line that was launched by Mezzmo.EXE:

"C:\Program Files\Conceiva\Mezzmo\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel 0 -ss 579 -skip_idct none -skip_frame none -skip_loop_filter none -i "f:\video\movies\gamera, guardian of the universe (1995)\gamera daikaijū kuchu kessen (1995).mp4" -ss 3 -deinterlace -an -sn -vframes 1 "C:\Users\vince\AppData\Local\Temp\FTFC1B.tmp.png"

Any idea what might be going on?

Paul
11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
This is creating a video thumbnail - I'm guessing you have scheduled maintenance running.

VinceA
11-30-2011, 12:19 AM
It was running for a long time. Seems like a bit of overkill for a thumbnail.

Paul
11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
It was running for a long time. Seems like a bit of overkill for a thumbnail.

It could be that FFmpeg (that is used by Mezzmo to create the thumbnail of the video) was having trouble reading/decoding the video file for some reason. This could be due either to the video file may be at fault or the current build of FFmpeg in the current version of Mezzmo not being optimal. We'll be including a new build of FFmpeg in the upcoming release of Mezzmo, so hopefully that may improve things. The new version will be released before Christmas and it is a free upgrade for all registered users.