PDA

View Full Version : Div X playback issues on Samsung 3D television UE40C8000 Device

roughoutthere
11-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Hopefully someone can help me out here...

The Samsung tv is downstairs and is linked by ethernet to my pc upstairs. I am able to play music files, movie files, etc no problem at all.

However, I have recently downloaded a couple of Div X movies and I am unable to watch them without them stopping every ten seconds to load the next part.

I have tried leaving the movie paused for a period of time and then playing it and it allows me to watch for about 30 seconds before the same old problem kicks in.

I am using both Samsung PC Sharemanager and Mezzmo and both have the same issue.

It is driving me up the wall as all other movie files are absolutely fine.

Paul
11-28-2011, 10:00 AM
If Samsung's server has the same issue, then most likely it's the encoding of those specific files. Mezzmo (and Samsung's PCSM) should be passing them through, so the TV is unable to decode and play them correctly. At the moment, the only real choice is to transcode them outside of Mezzmo. Once the pre-transcoding version of Mezzmo is released, you'll be able to do that from within Mezzmo as well.