PDA

View Full Version : Offline Transcoding cause of jerking

Jigsaw27
11-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Hey! This is the scenario:

I´ve got a WHS with mezzmo and two devices i´m trying to stream to. A PS3 and a Panasonic BluRay Player Player. On PS3 everything works. But when im trying to Stream to my Panasonic it is jerking. Maybe, the LAN Port is a little to slow (100Base TX), but i think the problem is the live transcoding. Is there a possiblity to transcode files with mezzmo "offline", before trying to stream?

Thanks
Matze

Paul
11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi Matze,

We are now in final testing for the next version of Mezzmo and it includes a feature called "pre-transcoding". That's exactly what you describe. It will be released before Christmas and will be a free upgrade to all registered users.

With regards your Panasonic BDP, you can try to change the device profile to "Panasonic BDP" or "Panasonic BDP (MKV)" and see if streams better for you. To do this, in Mezzmo, go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device that is listed there to change the device profile for it.

bsantelli
12-28-2011, 05:41 AM
Christmas has come and gone - can you please provide update on the new version? I am still unable to add my itunes library without mezzmo hanging (I understand it is fixed in 2.5 version) as well as looking forward to the pre-transcode option.
Brian

Hi Matze,

We are now in final testing for the next version of Mezzmo and it includes a feature called "pre-transcoding". That's exactly what you describe. It will be released before Christmas and will be a free upgrade to all registered users.

With regards your Panasonic BDP, you can try to change the device profile to "Panasonic BDP" or "Panasonic BDP (MKV)" and see if streams better for you. To do this, in Mezzmo, go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device that is listed there to change the device profile for it.

Paul
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Sorry for the delay. We're working on the new version right now and hope to release very soon. Thanks for your patience.

Paul
01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.5 has been released and it includes the 'pre-transcoding' features that we mentioned as a solution in this thread.