PDA

View Full Version : New Starter

cpw
11-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Hi,
I inherited a Pinnacle Showcenter 1000g and am trying Mezzmo before I buy as the Pinnacle software does not work on my W7 pc.
Everything is installed correctly I think but the Showcenter does not detect the server.
I can see it in Media Devices and as far as I can see all the rules are ok on the firewall (NIS 2011)
I must be doing something wrong - anybody got any ideas?

Paul
11-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Whenever users report connection problems between Mezzmo and their device, we always suggest starting with the following FAQ: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. It typically fixes most connection problems. Go through each item in the checklist and see if that improves things. If still no success, let us know and we'll help further.

Also, make sure you have selected the right device profile in Mezzmo for your device. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to view/change device profiles. I suggest using the "Pinnacle Showcenter 200" device profile.

cpw
12-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Whenever users report connection problems between Mezzmo and their device, we always suggest starting with the following FAQ: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. It typically fixes most connection problems. Go through each item in the checklist and see if that improves things. If still no success, let us know and we'll help further.

Also, make sure you have selected the right device profile in Mezzmo for your device. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to view/change device profiles. I suggest using the "Pinnacle Showcenter 200" device profile.

Ok I've checked all that and am reasonably happy, I found as follows:
All machines are on my home network, the showcentre showing as 192.168.0.3 both in Mezzmo and NIS 2011
Mezzmo media server is running - checked in task manager/services
I don't think it's the router - I turned off UPNP, I don't think it has a firewall, and I can't see IGMP snooping in the settings anywhere.
Other media servers - in Media Devices I also have windows Media Player listed (shows as 192.168.0.2) I checked it's settings ans stopped all streaming functions then deleted it from the media devices list and unticked 'allow new devices'
This leaves me with the showcenter listed using the showcenter 200 profile as suggested.
The only thing I can't be totally certain about is the firewall- all the rules I can see look ok and are set to go in and out but I can't see wether the ports are blocked.
As the showcenter wasn't detecting the media server I tried to set one manually using the IP 192.168.0.2 and port 53168 from the media server settings but that doesn't connect either.
I'm still suspicious aboutr the firewall and am trying to find out how to check wich ports are open, but any other suggestions welcome

Paul
12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm still suspicious aboutr the firewall and am trying to find out how to check wich ports are open, but any other suggestions welcome
Try turning off your firewall as a test and this will help you determine if your firewall is indeed blocking your Showcenter device or Mezzmo from communicating with each other. After turning if off, re-start your Showcenter and stop/start Mezzmo media server.

Let me know how you go.

cpw
12-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Try turning off your firewall as a test and this will help you determine if your firewall is indeed blocking your Showcenter device or Mezzmo from communicating with each other. After turning if off, re-start your Showcenter and stop/start Mezzmo media server.

Let me know how you go.

I did exactly as suggested but the showcenter still does not detect the media server

Paul
12-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Please turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Stop and start your Mezzmo media server and turn off your Showcenter and then turn it on again. Once turned on again, on your Show center, try to list all media servers and connect to Mezzmo. If Mezzmo is not listed, then stop your Mezzmo media server on your PC and zip up all the log files and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll investigate it further once we get your logs.

cpw
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Please turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Stop and start your Mezzmo media server and turn off your Showcenter and then turn it on again. Once turned on again, on your Show center, try to list all media servers and connect to Mezzmo. If Mezzmo is not listed, then stop your Mezzmo media server on your PC and zip up all the log files and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll investigate it further once we get your logs.

Log mailed to support - file is - Mezzmo Log 04.12.11 cpw

Paul
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks. Got your logs. We will reply via email.