PDA

View Full Version : MP4 / MKV Streaming on the Sony SMP-N100

jakedietz
12-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Hello! I purchased 2 SMP-N100s hoping I could easily stream all of the video on my network to my tvs, however it's been a huge headache. Before Mezzmo, when I tried to access my MP4s, I kept getting the message There is no playable file from the Sony device. But the MP4s would play fine when directly connected via a flash drive. I downloaded Mezzmo yesterday after seeing a forum post about someone successfully using it to stream MP4s to their SMP-N100. After I installed it, I added my library folder containing my movies. Then I tried to access the MP4s, and this time I could see the files, but they were being mislabeled as MPEG (when using the flash drive they are correctly identified as MP4) and I still could not play them. After searching this forum, I figured it was a matter of changing the profile for the Media Device from Generic to Sony SMP-N100. However once I changed the profile, I could no longer even see the files, just the old message I was getting before Mezzmo, There is no playable file. So I switched back to Generic Profile but something seems to have changed because I can't even see them this way anymore. Does anyone know anything I might be able to do? Any different profiles? I can stream the files perfectly using Windows Media Player 12 but my main server is running XP so that's not really an option. Thank you so much for your time!

Paul
12-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try connecting to Mezzmo using your SMP-100 and try browsing/playing a few files. Once it fails, stop the server and send us all the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll investigate it further for you.