PDA

View Full Version : Remembering last frame veiwed

lopicma
12-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Because fast forwarding is not really feasible, remembering the last frame viewed when stopping a movie would be great.

Paul
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, your DLNA device's firmware lets you FF/REW or resume movies where you stopped them. Mezzmo simply delivers video, audio or image data wherever your DLNA device requests it. Many DLNA devices do let you FF/REW and do remember where you stopped your movie so you can resume them using your remote control.

One complication with FF/REW is the situation where a movie that is not compatible with the device and Mezzmo needs to transcode it on-the-fly. That can make FF'ing problematic (i.e. you want to go to a section in the movie that may have not yet been transcoded yet so cannot Mezmzo cannot stream that section yet). The new 'pre-transcoding' feature that will be in the next version of Mezzmo should help in this regard.

Dion
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
The WDTV Live Plus for example has to have a file to be able to write so it can save positions. The Media Software has to support this for it to work. Cant speak for other devices. But I this is how the WDTV Live Plus works. So I want this feature too :)

Paul
12-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks for this information, Dion. The method WD TV Live Plus uses is not part of the DLNA guidelines so it requires special extensions to Mezzmo's DLNA server. We have extended Mezzmo in the past to support other devices' "non-DLNA-spec" features (e.g. Samsung TVs with chaptering, etc.) so we are open to look at the WD TV Live Plus position-saving. Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com with some more information about it so we can learn more about what is involved. Thanks.