PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire device profile?

VinceA
12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Any chance of getting a Kindle Fire device profile added? I've been using iMS (http://www.imediashare.tv/) to connect to Mezzmo on my PC. Some files play (MP4's typically) while others don't. Doesn't even seem like transcoding is attempted.

Paul
12-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Given that the Kindle Fire is running Android Gingerbread 2.3, then we recommend using using iMediaShare and RockPlayer with Mezzmo on Android-based devices. We have a device profile for the RockPlayer that you can use and that should give you good results. See the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to change your device profile.

Kenny_t
12-31-2011, 02:02 PM
I also found that if you install the ArcMC app with rock player it will work as well. Additionally I found I was having touble playing MKV files on my Kindle Fire until i switched the profile in Mezzmo to Android Honeycomb. I have not had any issues since.

Paul
01-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the tip about the ArcMC app.

hartlenb
01-10-2012, 03:51 AM
I tried iMS with Rockplayer & Android Honeycomb device profiles. I can display photos (jpg) but music (mp3) and videos (mkv, mpeg) don't work. No feeback from music (just doesn't play). Videos display "unknown file format or no application available to open it" message.

Rockplayer Lite and ArkMC are not available through Amazon markeplace. Can someone tell me how do I get these on my Fire through the Android Market?

Paul
01-10-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure how to install Android apps on it, sorry, but perhaps someone else can step in.

We also have a test profile for Android CM7, which may work better for you - please open a support ticket and I'll send it to you to try.

Paul
06-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.3 has been released and this version now has native Kindle Fire support. Let us know if you have any problems.