PDA

View Full Version : Media Devices all using Routers IP

Sinble
12-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Hello,
I'm trying to setup two separate devices (PS3, Panasonic Vierra). When I go to media devices I only see 1 device when I have both up and running. 196
For some reason it is registering my routers IP instead of each individuals IP. I can switch out profiles according to which device i'm using at the time and each work great. Any Ideas on how to get each device to show up in the list so I don't have to keep switching profiles. I already have each my devices with a static IP.

Thanks

Paul
12-06-2011, 10:03 AM
My initial guess is that your router is acting as a bridge. Bridges often hide the MAC addresses of the devices connected to it. Mezzmo uses MAC addresses to uniquely identify your devices and, if your MAC addresses are hidden, then can cause the problem you are experiencing. Two things you can do:

1. Check if your router/bridge has 'MAC forwarding' or 'MAC pass through' settings. If it does, then configure it so that MAC addresses of devices connected to it are passed through.

2. If your router/bridge is not configurable, then go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and check the 'Use only IP addresses to identify devices' checkbox and make sure you have static IP assigned for your devices. Delete all devices in the Media Devices dialog and stop/start your Mezzmo server. That should populate the Media Devices dialog with the DLNA devices in your home (assuming they are turned on).