PDA

View Full Version : Make the temp transcoding files device independent

smitbret
12-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Not a big deal, but I would like a way to keep the temp transcoded files assigned to specific devices instead of specific device types. To explain...

I have 4 TVs all with a DirecTV H24/HR24 receiver. Each TV has been assigned it's own transcode settings according to it's characteristics.

My 6 year-old daughter calls up an animated film on her bedroom's H24 for her old 19" CRT television. I have Mezzmo set to transcode the film to low quality 480p and it looks fine on that TV.

Later when I call the same movie up with the HR24 in the living to be displayed on my 50" plasma, Mezzmo automatically plays back the pre-transcoded 480p, LQ file instead of transcoding to 1080p like I had assigned for the Living Room receiver. I test it in my bedroom with my 1080p 32" and notice that the movie is being played back at 480p there, too. I would expect the same results in the other bedroom, too, even though it has been assigned a medium quality 720p transcode setting.

It would be great if there was an option to assign the temp files to an individual location instead of device type.

EDIT: Whoops, meant for this to be in the wishlist forum.

Paul
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for this, smitbret. All makes sense. We'll look into it.