PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosing possible issues & logs / network

avguru1
12-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey Gang-

Downloaded the trial - and I *think* it's working well, but I need to troubleshoot to ensure the problem is with my setup - and not the software. I can see the diagnostic logs, but I cannot tell if the media stuttering on the far end (player) is a result of the Mezzmo transcode or the network in my home. I've altered all of my transcode settings to be as basic as possible - and yet I still get stuttering. I wanted to know what to look for in the logs to see if the issue lies on the PC running as the server.

Gear: Mezzmo: Windows 7 64 bit, 12GB RAM, 2 x quad core 3.00GHz x5450 CPU. Ethernet connected to Netgear Dual Band wireless Router.

LG 65lw6500 TV, with W/L USB adapter. Connected via 8012.11 B/G/N. LG throws up "Loading....." message quite often.

Mezzmo Profile: automatically came up as LG BluRay (LPCM) When that did not work well, I changed it to LG TV. Dropped connection down to Wireless B (11mbps). Dropped performance down to less quality, faster transcoding & delivery.

So, I *think* the bottleneck may be my wireless network - but I can't be sure. So...what can I read in the diagnostic files to determine this?

Also - side note - is there a way fro Mezzmo to display ONLY the FILES folder on the DLNA player? I'd like to see the files as I have them stored on the hard drive, not "organized" by Mezzmo, and I have to navigate through several sub folders to get to the "Folders" option.

Thanks all - loving the app thus far!

~Michael

Paul
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Michael,

You'd need to check the transcoding log to see how fast transcoding is. If it's fast enough, then most likely it's the wireless connection. A quick test via a cable could confirm this (if it's possible). If you'd like, send the logs to support and we'll take a look.

You can move your "Files" folder to the root level (under the Library) and this should give you quicker access to it, if that's what you meant?

avguru1
12-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, Dennis!

After working with Mezzmo for a good portion of the weekend, I think I have a good grasp on it - and I came across the moving of the "Files" folder solution. Nice and easy fix.

I'm not seeing anything in the logs (that I can tell) is a hiccup with Mezzmo; but I was hoping you'd have smoking gun for me to look for so I didn't have to keep sending inquiries....something that could help me self solve issues. I'm getting massive buffering issues with Windows Media Center & Player and XBMC, but not with my LG TV (removed wireless for all devices, now it's Powerline AV, no firewalls). It's working fantastic thus far with my LG TV - including 1080p 3D!

Thanks Dennis.

~Michael

Paul
12-13-2011, 10:14 AM
It's hard to say without seeing the logs - just send them in and I can take a look to see if there's anything obviously amiss.