PDA

View Full Version : I never write comments

cwalker1960
12-13-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm just the type of person that gets what I need , read the forums to figure things out and go about my business. i only write if I can't find an answer or seriously need help. But after buying Mezzmo , I discovered Serviio. Serviio is a free dlna server that does for free what Mezzmo charges for and it does it much better. Serviio will accept a library listing from any source available and add it right into the main stream without having to search through folders. Serviio searches the net and gets cover art and metadata for movies , it uses this data to generate separate playlists , like actors,genres,series,last added, etc. all automatically and from all the sources you've added. Oh and it also runs on Linux , so any of you (like me ) that thought you had to abandon your linux server for a decent media server , grab a copy Serviio, live free and enjoy.
Mezzmo , pick up the pace here. If you want to charge us for your product at least make sure it's in line with free stuff . although it should be markedly better. And yes i did donate the same amount I paid for mezzmo to Serviio.
Good job Serviio

cwalker1960
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
just have to say , i had over 300 movies on my hard drive when i bought mezzmo , are f**king kidding me I need to make different playlists to figure out actors, genres, and the like..Long live Serviio and XBMC

Paul
12-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Well, all software have their strengths and weaknesses and we're constantly working on making Mezzmo better. The next release will have enhancements in video meta data processing as we as other nice features (such as pre-transcoding).