PDA

View Full Version : Sony BDP570 And WTV recorded TV transcode too slow

Clark_Trial
12-14-2011, 01:15 AM
I just purchased a computer to work as a PVR. It's an Intel dual core 1.8 GHZ.
"Lenovo IdeaCentre Q150 (40812HU) Nettop Intel Atom D525(1.80GHz) 2GB DDR3 250GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA ION graphics Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit."

All works great until I try to watch the WMC recorded TV files in my bedroom through my Sony BDP 570. I downloaded the trial version of Mezzmo to see if it could serve up these files. I can now see them but playback is too slow and choppy.

I've learned the processor is too slow to transcode the WTV files on the fly. After they are pre-transcoded the files play fine.

I read that Mezzmo uses ffmpeg for transcoding and I believe that it can use hardware acceleration (I think?). Can Mezzmo be set up to use the NVIDIA ION graphics hardware to transcode the WTV files on the fly?

If not are there any other solutions? Although I just purchased the computer, Newegg won't take it back. :(

Paul
12-14-2011, 10:03 AM
FFmpeg does not use hardware acceleration for encoding actually, so no, unfortunately Mezzmo cannot take advantage of the GPU.

We'll have the pre-transcoding feature released really soon, so it'll help you, as you'll be able to prepare your files in advance.

Paul
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.5 has been released and it includes the 'pre-transcoding' features that have been discussed in this thread.