PDA

View Full Version : Sony BDP-S380 Is it DLNA ?

sirjeff
12-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Has anyone got the Sony BDP-S380 to work with Mezzmo ?

I checked the DLNA.ORG website and its not listed as a DLNA certified product ??

Any info abuot using this device would help please !!:confused:

steve+t429
12-18-2011, 01:11 AM
I have the BDV-E780W home theater system and that has similar hardware so far as I know. It works fine with Mezzmo - I use the Sony BDP profile.

sirjeff
12-18-2011, 07:49 AM
The problem is that its not recognized in Mezzmo ! I can't see it in the network list at all. I checked the status of the BDP on the player itself and its ok and also on the router I can see the address and everything and I can even Ping it from the same computer where Mezzmo is installed but its not being pickedup by any of the DLNA server softwares that I have tried and I have tried a bunch !!

Its not marked DLNA anywhere on the the BDP player nor in the documentation so I'm starting to wonder if I have been had ... Thats why if anyone has the exact same player and is using it within their home network, I would like to know about it ...

steve+t429
12-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Sorry about that. I also have the S370 and that works fine with Mezzmo, but it looks as if they've dropped DLNA support for the "3" series now :-(.

paulorox
12-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Yep, you need a S480 or higher for DLNA support.