PDA

View Full Version : New LG 05.10.02 firmware for LCD TV & Mezzmo

Mietekdabest
12-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Hello,

Recently I upgraded firmware for my LG 42LV5500 LED TV to the current 05.10.02 version. After this TV cannot play any media shared by Mezzmo. It looks like LG decided to block any DLNA server except LG-branded Nero MediaHome4, which broadcasts as "WINDOWS/5.1 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 Nero-MediaHome/4.5.9.104" (I installed it and all is OK). So my question is: is it possible to change default Mezzmo signature to that below, to force TV plays shared media?

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Paul
12-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello,

Yes, that's possible by adding the following near the top of the device profile (somewhere inside the <device> section):

<mezzmoserver>WINDOWS/5.1 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 Nero-MediaHome/4.5.9.104</mezzmoserver>

We'll check our LG TV here to see whether we have an update as well.

Please let us know whether that fixes the issue.

Mietekdabest
12-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Hi Dennis,

Great to hear that it is possible to modify server signature :) I did few tests recently. After downgrade to FW v05.01.10 movies still cannot by played (in fact, they're recognized as pictures and TV is switching into "slideshow" mode), under old FW 03.04.20 there is no problem. Changing <mezzmoserver> setting fix nothing :mad:
As an last attempt I deleted thumbnails for movies and... now I can watch the movie ;) Conclusion: if you want to watch the movie on latest LG LED TV don't update the firmware.

Dennis, do you have an idea what is wrong with thumbnails? Despite the fact that media library's view is now ugly (no miniatures, only horrible icons) I'm happy that I'm able to watch everything :cool:

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Paul
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Mariusz,

I am not sure, frankly. Our TV here doesn't have an update available (yet?), so I can't reproduce what you're experiencing. Can you please send in logs using the new firmware, so that I could see what's going on?

Andy74
12-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Had many updates for my Lg before without problems with mezzmo. Then 05.01.10 came along last week here in Austria. Since then all my movies dont play anymore :(. It trys to show pictures instad.

Used a second dlna server in trail mode with the same files and that one works. Besides it dont shows any thumbs of the movies and dont recodes DTS. Hope you soon find a solution meanwhile i connected my old streaming box. That works fine with mezzmo.

Paul
12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Can you please send in the logs as well, so that we could investigate and fix this problem?

Mietekdabest
12-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Hi Dennis,

I upgraded FW again to the latest available version 05.10.02, then made tests. In attachment 2 log packs:

1. LogPack1-OK.zip <-- "Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 01 - As If I Met Her In My Dreams....mkv" movie with thumbnail removed is played smoothly without any problems

2. LogPack2-BAD.zip <-- "Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 02 - That Sounds Wonderful.mkv" movie with thumbnail is recognized as picture, not movie

I hope it helps investigate the problem.

Kind Regards,
Mariusz

Paul
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for the logs. Please open a support ticket so that I could send you an updated device profile to try.

peppemon
12-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Hello,
I do have the same issue on my new LW6500 ---> Video files are recognized as Pictures on the new firmware.
Dennis, you can try to manually download the file from the LG web site. For some reason the menu on the LG TV did not detect the new firmware.

peppemon
12-22-2011, 09:50 AM
One more piece of info: the LG bluray profile works

Paul
12-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the update regarding the BDP profile. I'll check LG's site for the update as well, we are actually using a v3 firmware here, so a bit behind it seems :)

peppemon
12-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Something wired going on. Today I tried to play with the LG profile, merging and modifying based on the LG bluray without any luck. But strangely now the LG Bluray profile does not work anymore.

Paul
12-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Is the correct profile still selected for the BDP? If you have logging turned on, check if there are any warnings/errors when starting the server, which would tell you about invalid profiles, for example.

Mietekdabest
01-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi Dennis,

I updated Mezzmo to latest 2.5.0 version. Unfortunately I still have problems with playing all movies - movie with thumbnail is recognized as picture. When i remove thumbnail all is OK. Below another log pack (here "Noein - Episode 02.mkv" is tried to watch).

Best regards,
Mariusz

Paul
01-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for the logs.

Please open a new support ticket and we'll work with you to get this fixed.

Mietekdabest
01-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Hi Dennis,

New profile works perfectly and can be included in next Mezzmo version, good job ;-)

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Paul
01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi Mariusz,

Excellent, thanks! :)