PDA

View Full Version : xbox360 can't ffwd, rewind or skip

lailin
12-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I use Mezzmo with xbox360 and Logitech Harmony remote, the remotes ffwd rewind and skip functionality works with WMC but doesn't seem to work with Mezzmo. I usually stream mkv files.

Paul
12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
MKV files need to be transcoded for the XBox and the XBox may not allow FF/REW while the file is being transcoded.

Do you stream same MKV files through WMV and it allows FF/REW?

spudda
12-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi Dennis,

I no longer can actually FF or RW transcoded mkv files on the xbox since the xbox 360 updated my system recently. It now all looks very different and when I go to fast forward a transcoded file it just doesnt speed up the counter no matter what speed I have it at. Never used to be a problem until the recent xbox 360 update

Paul
12-21-2011, 09:55 AM
We'll test it here, but Microsoft may have changed things internally with their latest update. Does it let you FF after the file has finished transcoding?

spudda
12-21-2011, 10:20 AM
No,

It lets me push FF and it shows the FF 2x, 4x, etc. but the seek speed doesnt increase like it previously did.

Skip forward however still functions fine but I cant use that so much as often it skips too much instead of a small FF/RW which I might want.

Paul
12-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Ah, ok, that's a bit different. We'll test it here to see what has changed, but basically the XBox still lets you FF, just in a different manner, right? That could be because of the update. We're wrapping up the next Mezzmo update, thus the delay in some responses.

lailin
12-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Let me clarify, the ff and rw for same mkv file doesn't work in WMC either but skip does work in WMC (skips in 30 sec increments) but doesn't work in mezzmo

Paul
12-28-2011, 12:50 PM
The new version of Mezzmo is due out very soon. Can you re-test this problem and report back if it has been fixed for you? Thanks.