PDA

View Full Version : Request Failed Forbidden Access To The Server?

mpower19
07-10-2009, 05:08 PM
What does it mean when a download fails and it says request failed, forbidden access to the server? I can't resume the download as well. Can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you.

Paul
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Hello,

Do you refer to DownloadStudio not downloading something or are you trying to download Mezzmo from our server and it fails?

mpower19
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I downloading a file from a website using download studio. My download fails and the words "request failed, forbidden access to the server" appears in the job conversation window. Is this the server of Download studio failing or from the website I 'm downloading from?

Brent
07-15-2009, 07:36 AM
A server can return a 403 (Request Forbidden) for many reasons, what it means is "The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it". Do a web search for 'HTTP 403' for more information.

If you place the URL that is failing with a 403, into your web browser do you also get a 403 error message? If so then there is probably not a lot DownloadStudio can do to get the server to allow access to the file. If the file can be accessed through a browser but not downloadstudio then some possible reasons may be:
a) Too many connections have been opened to the site and it is refusing to allow any more from your IP address until some connections are closed (with a site job try reducing the number of connections downloadstudio is using)
b) It needs a specific 'referer' with the request to allow access to the URL
c) It is looking for a specific 'user agent' with the request to allow access to the URL

mpower19
07-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Why do my downloads keep failing? Is it the server or my internet connection being too slow or is it because too many people are connected to the server and it it slow? It does often say request failed to server and i can't resume my downloads?