PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bravia can't find video files

bpaulson
12-27-2011, 06:53 PM
I just installed Mezzmo 2.4.5.0 under Windows 7. Added all my video, music and photo files to the library. From the Bravia KDL, it easlily finds and shows/plays all photos and MP3s. But for films (.avi and others), I can navigate through all the folders (using Folders) but it does not find any video files. They are certainly there, and Mezzmo finds them easily on the PC.

All Media server and transcoding settings are at their defaults. The device profile used is Sony Bravia KDL, transcoding is enabled.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Bob

bpaulson
12-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Just for clarification: I do have a DLNA Video link on the Bravia and it streamed fine previously when I had Windows XP on the PC. But now under Windows 7, using the Video link on the Bravia, I can navigate through the folders, but it does not find any Video files to display.

Tbanks, Bob

bpaulson
12-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Ok, I changed the profile to Sony Bravia KDL W and now it magically works.

- Bob

Paul
12-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Glad to hear you are up and running now.

bpaulson
01-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Well, unfortunately with Mezzmo 2.5 the Bravia doesn't find the videos anymore, even with the KDL W profile. I have a new and much faster Win 7 computer now (partly to give Mezzmo more power for transcoding, which I bought before I knew that 2.5 addresses this :-)) and I installed 2.5 on it and tried both the KDL and KDL W profiles, but the Sony Bravia did not see any video files in the respective folders. I removed 2.5 and installed 2.4.5 and used the KDL W profile and everything works fine again.

Until we get this solved, how can I permanently disable Auto Update?

Thanks, Bob

Paul
01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
We have an updated "Sony Bravia KDL W" device profile available - please open a support ticket and we'll send it to you.