PDA

View Full Version : Filter media for certain devices...

burtcom
12-28-2011, 08:40 AM
OK -- I got my twins Vizio 8-inch Android tablets for the holidays -- these work great with Mezzmo, BTW :) -- and showed them how to connect to the home Mezzmo server to watch the shows I've recorded for them.

The problem, is, the shows I like are on here too, and for some reason my wife isn't too keen on the twins watching South Park, Robot Chicken, etc.

So, I'm looking for a way to filter these inappropriate shows for their tablets. Help :)

burtcom
12-28-2011, 10:00 AM
I see that Serviio is working letting users protect certain folders with a PIN or password -- perhaps Mezzmo could do something like this too.

Paul
12-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the information. We have password/PIN protection planned for development as well.

Seijinho
01-19-2012, 03:46 AM
+1.
I think that limiting certain playlists to X devices would be enough.
That way I could create "profiles" for my devices. Let's say, everything available for the TV in my bedroom, but only a cartoon's playlist in the TV of my goddaughter. Maybe a playlist with songs available for her iPhone.

Paul
01-19-2012, 09:36 AM
You can limit certain playlist to devices in the current version - just use the Playlist Sharing Permissions available via a right-click on a playlist.