PDA

View Full Version : Device Profil SONY BDP-S780

bono
12-28-2011, 06:50 PM
hello,

is there for sony BDP-S780 a special device profile?

thanks and greetings,

bono

Paul
12-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Our users report that using the "Sony BDP (NTSC, No DivX)" device profile works well with the Sony BDP-S780. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to change your device profile. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware updates for your Sony Blu-ray player.

bono
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Thank you for the quick reply.

Currently I use the trial version of Mezzmo. It pleases me very well and I'm considering just the purchase. So far.

My BDP-S780 is the EU version. The transcoding option I had parked. I want to stream mkv natively, without transcoding.
(SONY BDP (PAL/NTSC, MKV, No DivX), (I would like to avoid transcoding)

This works quite well, not all mkv, but most.

Now my problem:

Two tested mkv, even high bit rate, even very low bit rate. In both mkv files it comes to three, four dropouts
(stop, break, stuttering), nothing more. So, the movie is interrupted for about 10-15 seconds and then continues.

Why is it, what can I do?

Thanks, Bono.

Paul
12-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Why is it, what can I do?

If you have transcoding turned off in Mezzmo, then any stuttering or stopping is typically related to your home network bandwidth or your DLNA device's firmware. Your home network bandwidth needs to be able to transfer your video files as fast as possible. If it cannot, then you device may stutter or stop. It is best to use Ethernet cables to connect your DLNA device to your router and your PC to your router. If you are using wireless, then it is best to use wireless-N with full signal strength. The other possibility is that your DLNA device cannot decode & play video files with a too-high bitrate, so it may sometimes stutter or stop.

bono
12-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi Paul.

That's what I do not understand. Also occurs when the mkv files with low bit rate. Only three or four times in the movie.
Otherwise it runs beautifully smooth. My player is connected with Ethernet cables.

Bono.

Paul
12-29-2011, 12:49 PM
My only guess is that it is something in the MKV files themselves that your Sony Blu-ray player's firmware does not like playing. Does it happen for all files or just a particular file? If just a particular file, then it is probably the way it was encoded (created).

bono
12-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Thank you for the effort!

It is not just a particular file. In all mkv's, it happens.
So my question for a specific device profile for my BDP-S780.

Firmware Version M07.R.0579 (11/30/2011)

•BDP-S480
•BDP-S485
•BDP-S580
•BDP-S780

bono
12-29-2011, 09:17 PM
I tried today serviio.
This works without any interruptions in the mkv's! Why I do not understand.

Unfortunately, I do not like Java, would prefer to use Mezzmo.

But my hope unfounded Mezzmo in the new version is working better???

bono :confused:

Paul
01-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Let's wait for the new version of Mezzmo to be released in the next 1-2 days and try again. If the problem re-occurs with the new version, then contact us and we'll keep investigating it for you.

bono
01-04-2012, 03:53 AM
hi paul,
that's great news! please let me not have to wait so long ... ;-)
yet one word to serviio: the mkv's are displayed on the renderer as avi. they are easily and without jerky playback (without transcoding).

Paul
01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks for this information. New version is coming soon - just doing final testing now.

Paul
01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.5 has been released and it includes fixes/features that we mentioned in this thread.