PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 and Mezzmo

rbalister
12-29-2011, 01:28 AM
I've setup Mezzmo and configured the device as an Xbox360. The Xbox will play videos with audio correctly. However, when I try to play music or view pictures they don't play. I can see the files in the list on the Xbox, but all of the thumbs show up as a circle with a line through it. Any suggestions?

On a more positive note, I'm able to play all media types on my Sony Bravia KDL46NX800 with no problems. Setup was easy and required no tweaking of the defaults. I can confirm however that when transcoding, a 3GHz P4 is insufficient. It will stutter about every 7 seconds when streaming to the Sony. Putting Mezzmo on an AMD Phenom II X4 955 works great.

Thanks, Mezzmo was just what I wanted for my home network/theater system.

rayb

Paul
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying Mezzmo.

With regards your Xbox, make sure you are using the 'Microsoft Xbox 360' device profile in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog and double-click on your Xbox 30 entry. Change the device profile to Microsoft Xbox 30 and click OK. Next, go to the Transcoding Settings dialog and delete all your transcoded files. Restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming some files now.