PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo - Media Server not there any more

Pattasatto
12-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi @All,

I hope somebody help me.
For the background first:

Mezzmo is installed on a Application Server in my Domain (Private). The Domain works perfect.
Windows Server 2008 R2

Now my Problem:

I did install the Mezzmo within my UserName. As there is always a security issue due to password changes I have a Service Account installed in my Domain where no Desktop Login is allowed and the user password never expires.
So far so good.... The Service User works properly...

First I have used the Media Server with my personal user. The Mezzmo is searchable in Network and works very well. As soon as I have changed to the new System User Mezzmo is not searchable any more.... But the Mezzmo Service runs well and there is no error mentioned...

What happend? What I have done wrong?

Thanks for help
Torsten from Germany

UPDATE 2011-12-31:

I have checked my Firewall Settings and they are shown as follow:
Ports Open: UDP 1900
TCP 53168 (the same port as mentioned in the Mezzmo Service Settings)...

Anyway... this ports are entered by incoming and outgoing means as in the past.
Now I have deactivated my firewall and mezzmo is searchable.. that means is there any additional port i have to install or mezzmo have another ports to use... Maybe somebody is able to post here a full overview for the Windows Firewall Settings.

Please note my Server is on the last level for updates. I have checked my logs and have seen that since last windows update it works not any more.... maybe this is also a reason.

Paul
01-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Please go through this checklist - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device - and see if any items are relevant for your setup. With regards ports, you also need port 2869 open. This is mentioned in the checklist.