PDA

View Full Version : Error 1069 Unable to start Mezzmo Service on SBS 2011

solveitcs
01-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Hi there, this is my 1st post, so firstly I really appreciate any help you can offer me.

I have recently upgraded my SBS2008 to SBS2011 (same hardware) but now Mezzmo does not operate properly.
It has installed without error, but I get error code 1069 when I click to start the Media Server. Full message below:

The Mezzmo media server service could not be started. More information: The service did not start due to a logon failure. Check username & password details. Error code 1069.

I am certain I have entered the domain admin username & password ok, but it rejects my attempts.

Fingers crossed Ive come to thr right place.

My Hardware
HP ProLiant ML330 - Xeon E5506 2.13Ghz, 12Gb Ram, SBS 2011
Samsung UE55D6530 LED Television
Sony KDL24EX320WU LED Television
Samsung Galaxy S2 Mobile

solveitcs
01-05-2012, 04:31 AM
I may have stumbled across the solution myself
I changed my domain admin password not to include non-alphanumeric characters. I have started the service & currently adding folder to the library, so its looking promising. Surely this is a bug though not to recognise the characters such as £$" as there is a need to use these for complex passwords.

Paul
01-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks for alerting us to this. We'll check into it further.

Shaw Greg
06-05-2012, 04:48 AM
I had the same problem with 2.6.2.0:

Was not logging in with error 1069. Windows login had the ampersand "&" character. After changing the password to get rid of this character, Mezzmo was immediately able to start the server.

Please look into this bug - it is quite frustrating!

Paul
06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks for reporting it. We have this issue logged and will certainly fix it for a future version of Mezzmo.

papaaj1
06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I just upgraded to 2.6.3.0 from 2.5.0.0 and I'm getting the same error. I changed to my password just to make sure. I don't have any characters etc, and I still can't use Mezzmo in the current form. I keep typing in my password and it tells me that "this computer must be registered on the network". I did not have this issue until I upgraded. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Paul
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
We get this error reported to us from time to time, but we can never reproduce it ourselves with various test Windows user accounts, passwords or Windows platforms. Very frustrating. We'd love it fix it so if you're willing to help, we'd appreciate it. First thing to do is to turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Exit Mezzmo and start it again. Try to register your Mezzmo server by entering your Windows account username and password. When it fails, exit Mezzmo and send all the logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

ftanner
06-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Event ID 1069 in general is related to Windows Clustering Services. Is there any chance that the server(s) that encounter this error have the Cluster Services loaded on them?

The reason that I ask is that if the Cluster Services are installed and an application that the Cluster Services doesn't recognize as cluster aware tries to register, it may cause this issue.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756225%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Enits26
06-18-2012, 03:05 AM
I have the same problem. I have enabled logging, and hope you have recieved it. Hope you get this fixed soon. Really boring to not beeing able to use a program ive paid for..

Paul
06-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the logs.

Try this: In Mezzmo, to to the Media Server Settings dialog and change the name of your Mezzmo server to "MyMezzmo" (or anything else) and click OK. You will be asked to register your Mezzmo server. Enter your Windows username and password (leave password blank if you don't have one when you log into your computer). Let us know if that helps.

Enits26
06-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the logs.

Try this: In Mezzmo, to to the Media Server Settings dialog and change the name of your Mezzmo server to "MyMezzmo" (or anything else) and click OK. You will be asked to register your Mezzmo server. Enter your Windows username and password (leave password blank if you don't have one when you log into your computer). Let us know if that helps.

It worked! Thanx :D

Transmaster
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the logs.

This fixed it for me, TNX
Update: No it didn't I was able to scan most of the 198,000, or so. files I have but I still have the dll error nor is is playing

Vip3r2059
07-16-2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the logs.

That fixed it for me

Edit: Well it fixed the logon part for me but now when i try to go to my videos from my samsung tv it says can not process that request then takes me back to the home screen.

Paul
07-16-2012, 11:32 AM
when i try to go to my videos from my samsung tv it says can not process that request then takes me back to the home screen.

What version of Mezzmo are you running? Please make sure you are running the latest version - Mezzmo v2.6.5. Let us know how you go.

xXrammXx
10-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, im using Windows 8 and actual version of Mezzmo: 3.4.2.0 and getting same "error 1069".
I have NAS Synology DS213j and files stored on it that i want to play via Mezzmo DLNA server on my Samsung Smart TV.
I have used your solution for Win8: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network?p=18925#post18925
And problem is, when i use no password to log in (the fields password and confirm password are empty), i get "error 1069" with any other password (a-z) its works fine, but i still don't want use a password for anytime when i login into the windows.

dont work for me. it just changed the login profile.

Any other ideas how to fix it?

Paul
10-16-2013, 03:08 PM
You may need to allow use of blank Windows passwords. If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools and run 'Local Security Policy' then under 'Local Policies' you will find 'Security Options' and in here is a setting for 'Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only'. If this setting is enabled, you will not be able to use a blank password to run the Mezzmo media server.

xXrammXx
10-17-2013, 09:14 AM
You may need to allow use of blank Windows passwords. If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools and run 'Local Security Policy' then under 'Local Policies' you will find 'Security Options' and in here is a setting for 'Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only'. If this setting is enabled, you will not be able to use a blank password to run the Mezzmo media server.

Many thanks it worked for me!

Paul
10-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Glad you are up and running now :)