PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo not importing WMP playlists

Gouryella
01-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Hi,

I am generally very pleased with Mezzmo, especially for streaming videos around my home network.

However, I have recently encountered problems with importing playlists from WMP. Mezzmo has imported albums, artists etc, but not playlists. They are not available on any of the devices on my home network or on the Mezzmo GUI.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the playlists working from WMP?

Thanks

Dave

Paul
01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Mezzmo does not import media or playlists automatically from WMP. Rather, Mezzmo scans your drives & folders for media files and adds them into your Mezzmo library. For each media file, Mezzmo extracts the metadata such as artist, album, genre, etc. where possible.

If you have playlists in WMP and you wish to use them in Mezzmo, then you can use Linked Playlists in Mezzmo. Mezzmo will read the contents of your WMP playlist file dynamically and add the files into your Mezzmo library. Linked Playlists let you continue to add/remove/edit them in your favorite media player such as WMP. In Mezzmo, click Create Playlist -> Linked Playlist to add a playlist from another media player such as WMP.