PDA

View Full Version : LG HR500 (europe) LG HR598D(australia)

Condorr
01-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Dear All,

is it possible to make profile which will correctly work with following BD/media player LG HR500 (in europe) or LG HR598D(in australia).

The device supports DLNA and i can use some of built in profiles (e.g LG BD Players) for streaming. But there are some problems.

LG HR500 support all HD audio formats (DTS HD MA and TrueHD) but with some limitations. MKVs with DTS HD MA audio, when played from USB, is ignored and it uses DTS Core, which is OK. DTS HD MA and TrueHD are only allowed when burned as Blu ray with proper structure. In all my test done on this device with different profiles, it seams that streamed DTS HD MA is not supported well, audio sttuters ( video is perfect).

I would like to create a separate profile, or edit existing one, in way that if DTS HD MA is detected, use DTS Core, same thing with TrueHD with AC-3 Core. Also support with subtitles, embeded in MKV or seperated .SRT in same folder. LG HR500 support subtitles when streamed with standard CIFS protocol.

Also, ability to limit bitrate of MKV (VC-1 and H264)....

My streaming machine is powerful enough ( i7 2600K@4,7 GHz with 8GB RAM) for full transcode....

Or can you suggest which existing profile will be perfect for LG HR500/HR598D?

Kind regards.

Paul
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
If neither of the stock LG BluRay profiles work perfectly (with Mezzmo v2.5), then a new profile is needed. Please open a support ticket and we'll work with you to create and test a new device profile for those devices.