PDA

View Full Version : Samsung BD-D6500

Insider
01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I have a couple questions that I am having a hard time finding elsewhere...

1. I was finally able to get Mezzmo working by changing the device profile to Samsung BDP 3D as pointed out in someone else's thread... However, I thought this would allow me to fast forward and rewind but it did not. If I am understanding correctly, the reason I am not able to fast forward and rewind is because of Samsung and not Mezzmo. If this is true, does anyone know if this is something they are looking at fixing (Samsung)? If this is not true and fast forward and rewind should be working, could you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

2. I am able to skip forward and backward as if moving though chapters. The only problem is I advance at 10 second intervals. How can I change this so it is longer, say 10 or 15 minute intervals?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

philcommon
01-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I have a BD 5500, which I suspect is an identical box, although without the stands for the speakers. Anyway, I have wrestled with the fast-foward issue and my method is to use the 'Tools' button, this pops up a dialogue box the 2nd line of which lets you skip back or forward as much as you like. This is NOT FF as you can't scan the image as you go but it does take you quickly to a place deep into a program or movie.
Phil

Insider
01-08-2012, 06:01 AM
That worked great!! Thank you for the tip! That solves most of the problems and is even approved by my wife (and that is not an easy approval to get...)

Does anyone know if the actual fast forward and rewind will ever be fixed? Also, is there a way to auto-chapter movies (at set intervals such as 10 minutes)?

Paul
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
This is a limitation of the Samsung's firmware - you can't FF/REW as you would expect, so you are limited to skipping in those intervals, unfortunately. Mezzmo cannot solve this, as it needs to be fixed/addressed by Samsung.